View Full Version : Adderall help

George01
12-15-13, 09:41 PM
Hello, I am new to this forum. I am here asking if anyone else experienced what I have with my meds.

Currently I've been on adderall xr 20 mg for over a year and it's worked fine until a couple weeks ago... I went to the same local pharmacy the whole time and got the same generic form until I was working out of town and filled it at a cvs pharmacy and it was a different color and different manufacture . I thought no biggie and took it. The second day of taking it I was getting annoying headaches and felt out of it and even had to call out of work cause I thought I had some type of virus. Well my doctor narrowed it down to the diff manufacture of this generic . So he had to jump through hoopes for me to fill another script out in the same month. So I got the new script went to my pharmacy and they gave me the type I always get. Happy I was until..... I took it and first two days I had a headache and felt tired. Second week now I just feel tired after taking it like I took a sleeping pill... Any thoughts on this? I'm out of ideas and it's frustrating

janiew
12-15-13, 10:36 PM
Yes, there is a difference with Activis at CVS. Namely it sucks!

You, friend, are not alone.

My local WalMart pharmacies have Teva Barr which is way better in my opinion.

sarahsweets
12-16-13, 05:45 AM
All of the generic adderall xr's are made by SHIRE except ACTAVIS. Many many people have had negative experiences with actavis. Its worth looking at which manufacturer you have. Global/Teva/Barr and Shire, are all made by Shire. Actavis is fairly new.