View Full Version : Anyone here a pescetarian?

Pamplemousse
12-18-13, 08:04 PM
I recently stopped eating beef and pork, and then slowly phased out other meat/poultry as well. I was just not feeling very well eating meat. Has anyone else jumped on this bandwagon or know the types of seafood with the best nutritional value?

Danke!

Diony
12-28-13, 03:46 PM
Hi! I became a pescetarian in summer time of this year,
I was watching Dr. Oz on tv a few months ago and they were talking about how people switch fishes around so people overpay for the cheaper fisb, they will think thry are getting one kind of fish when they will get a different one. It didnt phase me much because it is still healthier! Congrats though!

hopeworks
12-28-13, 03:53 PM
I do not eat any meat, but I do consume eggs, cheese, etc. I havent had meat in 16 years.

Unmanagable
12-28-13, 04:11 PM
I'm not a pescetarian, but I may be qualified as a pest-etarian. Ha!! :)

In my discussions with a nutritionist about seafood, I was told wild caught salmon is one of the healthiest. I like to grill it or bake it and add a dill mustard sauce. Mmmmmmmmm It's good to top off salads, too. If I remember correctly, about a pound a week was the suggested intake. But it's pricey, so I mix up whatever is on sale, too. Cod, trout, tilapia, etc.

Sardines are said to be a very healthy option, too, but I've never acquired a taste for those. (el yucko!)

I remember also being told that fresh fish loses some of the nutritional value as it lingers in the refrigerated display cases, etc., and it's wise to get fresh/frozen if it's offered, or ask the supplier if it can be made an option. Our shop gets it in fresh 3 times a week and will freeze upon request.

Hope this helps and good luck!

Stevuke79
12-28-13, 04:24 PM
Nope, I'm Jewish. (Sorry, couldn't resist)

we're non committed pescatarians. We eat meat when someone serves it but most of our friends know to make veggies. We have chicken nuggets and sometimes hot dogs for our daughter, but my wife and I are pretty much pescatarians for health reasons... Excluding the odd left over chicken nugget or hotdog.

quinoa is great. Do some research but quality whole grain pasta is good. Chunk light tuna. Fresh water fish. Also, take any veggie,.. Roast it with sea salt until slightly burnt,...AMAZING!! Zucchini, broccoli, kale.