View Full Version : Nurses need our help

lynn cogdill
03-13-05, 03:43 PM
There are a group of nurses in California working on braking the white code of silance. They have been working quitly. They need our opionions and support to decrease the abuses in the mental health facilities and better communications from the staff. Tell your your story or expirences. The mental health nurses have wrote legislation to protect consumers.

ADDitives
03-14-05, 03:13 AM
what's this got to do with teens with add and relationships...?

Outtherechica
03-15-05, 09:18 PM
Is this a movement for a change in the law nation wide?

Nucking_Futs
03-15-05, 10:34 PM
You see many members of the ADD community in mental health facilities due to the wide range of co-morbids that can often complicate treatment without constant medical supervision. Since, lynn has under 25 posts she cannot post the link or website address thru the forums.

The address is:
copoas (http://www.copoas.com)

I've read thru the site and have gotten the feeling that these nurse's are trying to make mental health facilities a safer and more useful place for patients.

Cherity

mctavish23
03-15-05, 11:44 PM
That's an interesting site.Thanks for posting it.I'm going to have to read over it some more before I feel comfortable in understanding their point but it sounds like their hearts are in the right place. State mental hospitals have beautiful grounds on the outside and can be dungeons on the inside.While I don't associate ADHD per se' with long term commitments, I can see how comorbid bipolar could get you there if left untreated.