View Full Version : what am i really upset about?

Diony
12-25-13, 09:53 PM
Whenever i get so upset that ill shed a few tears, ill argue with myself about which problems those tears are falling for...

dvdnvwls
12-25-13, 09:55 PM
Maybe it's more like any one of them wouldn't necessarily do it, but all the problems together are enough. And sometimes tears fall because of internal states, not because of any external things.

:grouphug:

Diony
12-25-13, 10:05 PM
Yeah just dont have a finger on what exactly it is yet, i will though,its not easy is it?

dvdnvwls
12-25-13, 10:37 PM
If I don't know, I usually just let myself not know.

silivrentoliel
12-25-13, 11:32 PM
How can you stand not knowing?

BellaVita
12-25-13, 11:34 PM
sometimes it's better NOT to know, too.....

Just sayin'.

silivrentoliel
12-25-13, 11:36 PM
Not for me. Apparently I pick things apart till there is nothing left. . . Or so says my therapist

BellaVita
12-25-13, 11:38 PM
Not for me. Apparently I pick things apart till there is nothing left. . . Or so says my therapist

I can understand.

Diony
12-25-13, 11:38 PM
That is something youd have to guess based on your own experiences?

BellaVita
12-25-13, 11:39 PM
That is something youd have to guess based on your own experiences?

I'm sorry. I don't understand your question?

Diony
12-25-13, 11:53 PM
whether its better to know why your're upset or be kept in the dark, im guessing thats based on each persons experience?I'm sorry. I don't understand your question?

BellaVita
12-25-13, 11:58 PM
whether its better to know why your're upset or be kept in the dark, im guessing thats based on each persons experience?

Probably...

and each individual's individual experience ... like each experience should have a different way (or not) of working through it....

especially when things are very traumatic

sometimes it's too much for the individual to take all at once.

dvdnvwls
12-26-13, 12:07 AM
Sometimes, for some people, depression means that "what they are really upset about" is the wrong question; they aren't upset "about" anything at all, but upset-ness just arrives.

Diony
12-26-13, 12:07 AM
Understandable

dvdnvwls
12-26-13, 12:12 AM
How can you stand not knowing?
Shovelling through a pile of s#t, simply to look for one particular particle of it, can be frustrating and unpleasant and doesn't always bring useful results.

Or (as BellaVita kind of pointed out) sometimes you'd actually rather not know.

Diony
12-26-13, 11:09 AM
That is two totally different views, so true! Shovelling through a pile of s#t, simply to look for one particular particle of it, can be frustrating and unpleasant and doesn't always bring useful results.

Or (as BellaVita kind of pointed out) sometimes you'd actually rather not know.

ban_ban
01-07-14, 12:54 PM
I always get half way to figuring out whats wrong but then again.. that new adventure time episode just came out better watch that instead haha

yellowflowers
01-24-14, 05:24 PM
Was really surprised finding this thread, it's like some people are verbalising a thing I do that I can't really make sense of but DOES NOT HELP me. If I'm upset, well first of all, I can be upset and not notice (this is bizarre to me), am detached from myself, carry on as normal. Especially if I'm busy. Then a **** tonne of upset hits, like it's coming from no where.

Or if it's not I've been upset but haven't noticed till now, and I'm just quite suddenly upset, I often can't figure out why - yet it's like I MUST FiGURE IT OUT.

It's like I have to have a good enough reason to feel how I feel.

If I can't find it I beat myself up. (Equals feeling even more upset).

It can feel like there are different parts to me, stuff I don't want to be thinking about, stuff I don't remember thinking about/ didn't notice thinking about are suddenly upsetting me - and I'm like "what the hell?" "Nothing bad just happened and I wasn't thinking about anything bad that has happened". Bring on the tearing myself apart.

I wish I could just go with it like some of you guys describe. Instead of fighting with it/ telling myself I shouldn't feel like I do etc.

X

stef
01-24-14, 06:44 PM
once i see a glimmer of what.s wrong i start feeling better
just knowing what it IS, helps, for me.