View Full Version : People giving you attention when you're depressed

fracturedstory
12-26-13, 09:05 PM
That's me today. It happens to be my birthday. I'm trying to view it as an experiment; what it's like to be depressed on your birthday with all these people around you. None of my close friends are here though. It's really just my sister's, my house mates and their friends.
I don't really care anyway, it's just another day to me. Christmas lunch was yesterday and after that I just want to curl up into my introverted shell and read a book. Extroverts never seem to get the hint though.

It's quite funny, now I am told to stay upstairs while my 'surprise party' is organised downstairs.

Please, no hugs. For some reason I just don't like them. Online hugs that is. Real hugs can be appreciated from certain people and at certain times.

Don't worry too much about me; this beer will shortly make me hypomanic and then I'll be worse after that.

Diony
12-26-13, 11:35 PM
I was feeling that way yesterday, hope you have an enjoyable time!

dvdnvwls
12-27-13, 02:23 AM
No hugs...

I hereby give you a birthday handshake and a wish that you have a very good year.

janiew
12-27-13, 03:32 AM
Happy late birthday, girly!

Hope you are well.

Fuzzy12
12-27-13, 03:56 AM
Happy birthday fractured.

People giving me attention and expecting me to be cheerful and social when I'm depressed can be a real pain. Just like people trying to cheer me up.:rolleyes:

Still the party might be fun. And there's always time to curl up in bed later.

stef
12-27-13, 04:22 AM
If I'm not well at the time, I will always feel like "I don't deserve this".

fracturedstory
12-27-13, 08:13 PM
The party was a bit lame. I was more 'I know these people mean well but I really don't want to be doing this.' I did feel like I could have appreciated it more. But it didn't last long. It seemed to get a little better after every beer. Hmm...
Then we went out to a pub, saw a band and I got to catch up with an old friend. All in all a good night.

Diony
12-27-13, 09:35 PM
Glad you went along and did it for your friends! Your a good person , glad you enjoyed your birthday, even if you was in a funk! The party was a bit lame. I was more 'I know these people mean well but I really don't want to be doing this.' I did feel like I could have appreciated it more. But it didn't last long. It seemed to get a little better after every beer. Hmm...
Then we went out to a pub, saw a band and I got to catch up with an old friend. All in all a good night.

eclectic beagle
12-27-13, 10:27 PM
I think depression can end up pushing people away, rather than being something that attracts attention. It depends on the perceived level of hopelessness, I guess.

mirandatoritess
12-29-13, 12:21 AM
people make me laugh when I am sad. But that is only for people who really understand me and know how to make me laugh. However, most people just ignore me.

Spacemaster
12-29-13, 08:48 PM
Happy Birthday, my birthday buddy! I believe we born in the same year, same date. Mine was rather sucky, but had some good food anyway.

midnightstar
12-29-13, 09:26 PM
Happy birthday fractured and space :) glad you went to the party fractured :)

Raye
12-30-13, 08:21 AM
to the Op-

I just want left alone when i am depressed. some people , mostly NTs just dont get it.

they take offense and act like the world revolves around them when i'm in a blah mood.

i wish they would just understand it has nothing to do with them and leave me the f@&k alone.