View Full Version : add depression

ramzax
03-14-05, 12:44 AM
i'm really really stressed from these meds, its been 4 days, i felt something the first day, bu these last few havnt done much for me. and i get all the bad symptoms too. my friend, sort of anyway is convinced i dont have it. why? because he says i get straight A's and well, trying hard not to sound in a pompous manner, because i'm particularlly smart in many things involving school.

Ian
03-14-05, 02:01 AM
Stressed from the meds? What meds are you taking?

How long does it take your meds to reach a steady state? Four days?

I'm smart too. What does your prescribing doctor say you have?

Duckie
03-14-05, 03:30 PM
I'm always stressed out whenever I have something on my mind that need to be done. I would finish it by the end. No big deal. But I don't get why I'm always frustrated about it. I guess I'm smart too. Sometimes I come out on top, but the process is too painful.

Heidi-S
03-15-05, 07:52 PM
Scary thought of the day : 50% of people are dumber than average.

ditzygirl
03-16-05, 01:29 AM
Everything is a struggle if you don't want to do it, whether it's ADHD or not.

mrsvoorhees26
03-16-05, 03:55 AM
i wouldnt get too stressed about the meds...i am new to this whole thing since i was only diagnosed two months ago, but i understand that it takes time to find what works...just remember...the meds only do part of the work, you do the rest. i had good grades in school and still do in college, not everyone with ADD struggles with school work. i think that is why so many of us go undiagnosed for years. it took them over 12 years to figure out that i had AD/HD. once i was diagnosed, which i didnt take to well, i took a hard look at my life, and the diagnosis made sense. just wish they would have noticed it sooner. just keep your chin up and tell your doc what you are feeling. it will work out in the end. btw...more than likely, if you are not truely ADD, the meds would make you super hyper and drive you crazy. for people like us who have ADD, it calms us, but for those who dont have it, its like doing coke or taking speed. hope this helps
-heather

auntchris
03-17-05, 02:46 AM
I am smart too got a 3.5 gpa in college my first sememter back after 20 yrs of being out. I do put alot of work into my work too. What meds are you on and how long have you been on them? It takes at least 4 - 6 weeks for med to kick in and work and sometimes longer. Give it time, in the mean time talk to your dr and keep a side effect journal so you know what to talk about when you see him or her next.