View Full Version : Premenstrual dysphoric disorder

Raven Poe
12-30-13, 11:09 PM
So 10 days before my monthly menstrual all my weaknesses are exacerbated. I become my worst self. I noticed when I was on Depakote and Risperidone not sure which drug it was but my pmdd had subsided much. Any ladies out there who can relate at all?

Abi
12-30-13, 11:59 PM
I am male, but here's some insight... both are good drugs for manic behaviour. I have Bipolar 2 with dysphoric/irritable/raging hypomania and have been on both drugs, Depakote alone and Depakote+Risperidone. I had to quit the latter due to intolerable side effects.

Oddly, my sister, who has no psych dx's and is usually very sweet, becomes very much like me when I am hypomanic from perhaps 3 to 4 days before her period to about 3 to 4 days in. (I'm guessing, I don't really FOLLOW these things).

So yes, I can definitely see Dep and/or Rispi helping with that.

BellaVita
12-31-13, 12:18 AM
I am male, but here's some insight... both are good drugs for manic behaviour. I have Bipolar 2 with dysphoric/irritable/raging hypomania and have been on both drugs, Depakote alone and Depakote+Risperidone. I had to quit the latter due to intolerable side effects.

Oddly, my sister, who has no psych dx's and is usually very sweet, becomes very much like me when I am hypomanic from perhaps 3 to 4 days before her period to about 3 to 4 days in. (I'm guessing, I don't really FOLLOW these things).

So yes, I can definitely see Dep and/or Rispi helping with that.

I can't help but laugh when I see Abi, female avatar, comment on a thread like this. :lol:

Oh, and yeah what Abi said...

Abi
12-31-13, 12:20 AM
Yeah just noting the female avatar is for a forum role playing game, I am 100% man.

dvdnvwls
12-31-13, 12:52 AM
Yeah just noting the female avatar is for a forum role playing game, I am 100% man.
Methinks the lady doth protest too much. :lol:

janiew
12-31-13, 12:59 AM
I am female and have experienced ADHD for almost 48 years and periods for almost 35 years.

Yes, ADHD and related symptoms can definitely be worse during PMS.

If it's really bad, there are options - like working out really hard and the "normal" self care options - or taking prescription drugs - or both.

When I'm hurting, I take a lot of hot baths and plug in the heating pad. Heat is very helpful for cramps.

Hope you feel better soon ---

Diony
12-31-13, 04:40 AM
Are you saying cramps can be abnormally painful due to adhd? How would that work if they are already painful without meds?
I am female and have experienced ADHD for almost 48 years and periods for almost 35 years.

Yes, ADHD and related symptoms can definitely be worse during PMS.

If it's really bad, there are options - like working out really hard and the "normal" self care options - or taking prescription drugs - or both.

When I'm hurting, I take a lot of hot baths and plug in the heating pad. Heat is very helpful for cramps.

Hope you feel better soon ---

janiew
12-31-13, 11:36 AM
No, but it might read that way.

Diony
01-01-14, 02:46 AM
That would of explained alot lol
Ive had prescribed ib profen since high school cause i couldnt deal with the pain,still cant when its that time of the month!

Twiggy
01-01-14, 04:44 AM
I get very agitated and annoyed when I PMS. I become the worst person ever to everyone.

Diony
01-01-14, 10:14 AM
((((Twiggy)))))
I get very agitated and annoyed when I PMS. I become the worst person ever to everyone.