View Full Version : Coughs & Colds

Laserbeak
01-02-14, 02:08 AM
I have been coughing my head off all week and have now almost completely lost my voice. I put off trying to see my general practitioner because she can be a ***** sometimes but I have to go tomorrow and get some narcotic cough medicine. Robitussin AC (the generic is Cherrytussin or something) that just has regular codeine in it is fine with me as long as she gives me a decent amount. Once she gave me a tiny little bottle and when I complained she wrote me a prescription for like a jug of VERY expensive (we're talking about like $500 for one cough syrup prescription) hydrocodone time release cough syrup when she knows I don't have insurance.

Anyway just venting, since I have to see her tomorrow and still coughing my head off!

Diony
01-02-14, 04:12 AM
Why dont you use vicks unless you cant have the alcohol?

Laserbeak
01-02-14, 04:19 AM
Vicks what? Vaporub?

Nothing works on coughs for me except opiates. The Dextromethorphan in over-the-counter cough syrups and pills is almost useless, maybe it helps if I have the slightest cough. I've been taking that all week and it's done nothing with this doozy of a cough.

Diony
01-02-14, 08:54 AM
No the throat spray! Aww well have you tried some honey and lemon juice? Its good for the throat!

Laserbeak
01-02-14, 01:02 PM
My doctor must have had the best sex she ever had in her life last night — I have never seen her so happy and amiable. She wrote me a 7 day Robitussin AC script at the maximum recommended dose plus gave me antibiotics and threw in a physician's sample inhaler!