View Full Version : what do you do when?

Diony
01-02-14, 11:04 AM
Your worrying is filled up in your brain and it goes in circles because you are unsure of something?

BellaVita
01-02-14, 11:05 AM
Then I kinda go crazy....

BellaVita
01-02-14, 11:16 AM
Oops sorry, are you asking for advice?

Diony
01-02-14, 12:03 PM
Lol no im asking what do YOU do lol

Nicksgonefishin
01-02-14, 01:02 PM
First I name it- Fear,worry, anxiety. Then I ask why are you having this feeling nick? is it your body? is it a justifable fear or is it just a fear that I don't need? Is it not even me? Is it intuition? did I not eat, sleep or medicate properly?

My grandfather taught me years ago that "Everything tells you something else". It was under the hood of a car and we were talking about something under the hood affecting something else under the hood.

If you apply this to emotions and ask yourself what is causing this fear or what have you it sends you down the path of interoception. Simply recognizing your emotions when they are happening can be very very soothing. I know it is for me.

Perhaps one has to be a "thinker" but I think others can master it. Dan Seigel calls it mindsight.

stef
01-02-14, 01:04 PM
crochet!
I just try to keep doing easy things, sometimes the feeling goes away on its own
if not, at least try not to panic...
(of course if the problem resolves itself somehow - yay!)

psychopathetic
01-02-14, 02:47 PM
(((((((STEF)))))))

That's what I do!...Not crocheting specifically, but I pick up whatever hobby I'm into at the moment...or go online and look for something new to get into (I'm constantly collecting hobbies! lol).

Yeah Yeah...I know!

Women with ADD/ADHD

...just pretend me and nick are wearing wigs and dresses!

Diony
01-02-14, 03:05 PM
(((((Hugs)))))))

It works better then it goes away! Lol

dvdnvwls
01-02-14, 03:07 PM
Sometimes, if possible and/or not crazy to do, I will grab that unsure item and make a coin-flip decision to get it out of the way.

willow129
01-02-14, 03:08 PM
Exercise! :)

Diony
01-02-14, 04:22 PM
Exercise! :)

Haha i think about it often!

psychopathetic
01-03-14, 02:11 AM
lol! Well at least your brain is getting a workout then!
Good Job!
:D

Fuzzy12
01-03-14, 05:51 AM
Like Bella said, I go crazy too. The only thing that works for me with anxiety is to sleep it off.

Flia
01-03-14, 11:36 AM
Crochet is my main anxiety remedy.

Baal Moom
01-03-14, 11:42 AM
I can't always brings myself to in those occasions, but sometimes I meditate when facing great stress. It helps. It doesn't happen as often any more, either.

Diony
01-04-14, 10:04 PM
Ive been wanting to try yoga but to actually do it is a whole other practice lol

I can't always brings myself to in those occasions, but sometimes I meditate when facing great stress. It helps. It doesn't happen as often any more, either.

Lizzie80
01-06-14, 12:33 AM
Your worrying is filled up in your brain and it goes in circles because you are unsure of something?

I start cleaning something. It helps me feel more in control over something, even if I feel powerless to work on whatever it is worrying me. Or I exercise. Anything physical, to try and get out of my spinning head for a bit.

janiew
01-06-14, 12:41 AM
Prozac and Intuniv come in pretty handy...

Then I play it off...

wholeheart
02-23-14, 01:39 PM
I have a few phrases/mantras that I use to get my mind safely back on track if it feels like things are going off the rails.

lf that doesn't work, I'll try to coach and reason with myself, figure out what's at the root of it.

If I don't have time for that, or if it doesn't work and I need to snap out of it quickly, I'll do a yoga pose. Sounds silly, but it works for me. If I'm at work, I'll hang out in forward fold in a bathroom stall for a couple minutes. If I'm at home, I'll do child's pose or puppy pose. If that just makes me more aggravated, I'll do downward dog until my muscles drown out my brain (haha) and then I'll go into child/puppy or cat/cow until I calm down.

Good luck!