View Full Version : I Think I've Been Depressed Most of My Life

BellaVita
01-04-14, 12:40 AM
So I've been doing a lot of thinking lately...I've been looking back on my life, and I'm realizing I've been depressed most of my life.

It's an odd feeling and somewhat haunting....

dvdnvwls
01-04-14, 02:18 AM
And probably anxious too.

BellaVita
01-04-14, 02:20 AM
And probably anxious too.

Yes.

Diony
01-04-14, 02:32 AM
Yep! Yep!
A mess takes 2 seconds to be made, and cleaning up takes a bit longer

We just a bunch of messy people!
(Dont go in my room, or the kitchen, on second thought lets go meet for coffee!)

Daydreamin22
01-04-14, 03:46 AM
(((((((bv))))))))) <333

Haunting? hmm Why haunting?
:grouphug:

Daydreamin22
01-04-14, 04:00 AM
BV you are sooo caring. I'm really sorry you are feeling upset. <3

Gilthranon
01-04-14, 06:07 AM
Yes I feel awful for you, on the bright side, in my eyes you don't come over depressed, in fact the very opposite if this cheers ya up - think you're bringing a lot of light to the forum !

;) :grouphug: :thankyou:

dvdnvwls
01-04-14, 06:47 AM
Two meanings for "depressed":

- in a low or unhappy mood.

- pushed down by force.

Sometimes it's both at once. :(

Fuzzy12
01-04-14, 07:04 AM
I didn't realize it as a kid but looking back I spent a lot of time depressed too.

I wonder if your depression could be partly situational because your home environment seems rather toxic and I guess that might not have changed from your childhood to now.

It will change in the future though, hopefully sooner rather than later. An unhappy childhood doesnt necessarily mean an unhappy existence forever though it does mean usually that you'll have some work to do to undo the damage caused in your childhood.

Don't give up bella. You are such a nice person. There just has to be more of happiness in your future.

stef
01-04-14, 08:23 AM
was going to say everything fuzzy just wrote :grouphug:

Raye
01-04-14, 08:34 AM
Now that you have realized this, hopefully you can get the proper treatment for it.

You are awesome Bella..you dont deserve to feel so bad all the time.

Diony
01-04-14, 10:11 AM
Theres a beginning, a middle, and an end. Its not all the same but if it might be you can rewrite the future and make the past a goner! The harder things in life are the ones that have the best rewards if you can get through it,.so work it off! Hyperfocus on it if you can! Lol you can do it! :-)

eclectic beagle
01-04-14, 07:28 PM
Yes, I've been depressed for most of my life, I think. Recent successes have lessened that, but it persists usually. I think it has to do with a form of creativity (confirmed as much as possible by others--would rather not go the epistemological route right now) I have I'd rather do without.