View Full Version : Gluten, dairy, soy, egg-free recipes?

mrs. dobbs
01-07-14, 04:44 AM
I know that sounds like alot of limitations but...

Thai curry is an example of what can be made without gluten, dairy, soy and egg.

I am looking for more...

Unmanagable
01-07-14, 05:10 AM
I found a chocolate pudding recipe the other day that has avocado, dates, and cacao. (I think that's the only ingredients) I got the stuff to make it but haven't tried it yet. Tomorrow is the plan, so I'll let you know if it's worth it, hopefully. lol

I made a chocolate chia pudding a while back, too, but I don't remember the ingredients.

Steel cut oats are good in the crock pot with added fruits, maple syrup, etc. When I make them, I pour water into the crock, then put the ingredients in a separate steel bowl that fits inside the crock. So much easier to clean up. Apple/Cinnamon; Pumpkin/Pecan; Maple/Walnut, etc. It's nice to have breakfast hot and ready when you wake up. :) The aromatherapy is nice, too.

The crock pot is my best friend in the kitchen during winter. I've discovered the stick blender, too. Making the creamier soup recipes is a breeze with that gadget. I found one at the thrift store for 1.95. :)

Check out the website "gluten-free goddess recipes" for some more ideas.

Now I'm hungry. ;)

Abi
01-07-14, 05:18 AM
Steak :)

No gluten, soy, eggs etc.

Abi
01-07-14, 05:19 AM
Now I'm hungry. ;)

Funny, I've completely lost my appetite :) :p

Unmanagable
01-07-14, 05:41 AM
Sweet!! That means more steak for us. :yes:

Abi
01-07-14, 05:43 AM
:lol:

You don't eat steak.

Unmanagable
01-07-14, 05:56 AM
Sure I do. If I know the source. :)
I buy it at local shops who stock meats from our local farms.
Mom's neighbor rents pasture land from her and shares beef with us, too.
Venison is one of my faves, also. Friends keep us supplied with that when they have it to share.

Abi
01-07-14, 06:00 AM
Oh cool.

Maybe I'll come visit you and taste it for myself someday :)

Unmanagable
01-07-14, 06:05 AM
Sure thing. I'll fix lots of your favorite veggies to go with it. :lol:

Abi
01-07-14, 06:23 AM
Baby carrots and potatoes :)

Not the organic carrots. They taste like dirt.

mrs. dobbs
01-07-14, 07:02 AM
Not the organic carrots. They taste like dirt.

Omg dirt that's horrible.

mrs. dobbs
01-07-14, 07:07 AM
I want and need a crock pot so much. Or one of those multiple crock pot ranges. I love my stick blender. Blended root veggie soups, curry celery soup etc. Also need a coffee grinder just for spices.

Here you can buy a cow from a local ranch. When it has gone bye bye you get the professionally butchered parts. Also easy to get meat and sausage from local hunters and ranches. Not to mention smoked fish.

Hypoxia
02-19-14, 11:04 AM
You can do dairy-free soy-free creamy soups with potato and cashew pureed and slow cooked.

Tacos are good, just have to make sure the corn tortillas are pure corn, which most of the Mexican brands are. (American brands add wheat sometimes.)

Big trays of roasted vegetables.

If you increase the garlic and spices in this recipe (http://www.simplyrecipes.com/recipes/roasted_zucchini_with_garlic/) and let it bake a bit longer, it tastes the closest to garlic bread I've ever found. Soft and mushy but not disgusting, more like it melts in your mouth.

Most Southeast Asian rice noodle recipes work if you invest in some gluten free soy sauce.

Unmanagable
02-19-14, 01:00 PM
Spaghetti squash is a good pasta substitute. Sometimes I cook it and scrape the "spaghetti" out of it and then sauce it up. Other times, I put the ingredients in each half and bake it in the squash. Has the sketti feel, with a bit of a fresh crunch. I was certain the kids would hate it when I first fixed it, but they both loved it and even request it at times.

Abi
02-19-14, 01:55 PM
Spaghetti squash is a act of blasphemy against Pasta

Unmanagable
02-19-14, 02:01 PM
*Sighs* - haters always have to be hatin'. :rolleyes: :doh::p

mrs. dobbs
02-26-14, 03:05 PM
You can do dairy-free soy-free creamy soups with potato and cashew pureed and slow cooked.

Tacos are good, just have to make sure the corn tortillas are pure corn, which most of the Mexican brands are. (American brands add wheat sometimes.)

Big trays of roasted vegetables.

If you increase the garlic and spices in this recipe (http://www.simplyrecipes.com/recipes/roasted_zucchini_with_garlic/) and let it bake a bit longer, it tastes the closest to garlic bread I've ever found. Soft and mushy but not disgusting, more like it melts in your mouth.

Most Southeast Asian rice noodle recipes work if you invest in some gluten free soy sauce.

Thanks!

I miss tacos so much. I have a sensitivity to corn too. Corn tortillas used to be my ****!
I do the oven roasted veggies. Love em.
I looove cashew. Good idea.

I do creamy soups with coconut milk- celery curry soup, root veggie soup, etc.
I gotta try this garlic bread thing. Lemme look.

And yeah, rice noodles are where it's at!

Unmanageable-

I never really have used pasketti squash but I shave ribbons of zucchiniand saute with a dash of truffle olive oil and balsamic vinegar to make veg linguini.

I have to try the squarsh.

someothertime
02-26-14, 03:42 PM
ooooooooooo..... thems sounds mighty tasty......

yeah... i've been adding cashew powder ( grinded can't think of the name ) to soups and curries for a while... they do it with butter chicken.... i think it's one of a few recipes that have that...

reading those words above the next time i make garlic bread i'm adding 3 tbsp of cashew powder too lol... grapeseed oil / olive can usually be substituted for butter.... and with some things.... oily fruits like avocadoes can add some "butteriness too"...

:)

addthree
02-26-14, 05:54 PM
almond butter, on air crackers

Unmanagable
02-28-14, 01:38 PM
I finally found a soft gluten-free bread that I enjoy!

It's the Udi's brand white g/f loaf, and it's found in the freezer section of Martin's Food Stores here.

I learned to take out half and stick it in the fridge in case it takes me a while to get through it.

Oh happy day! (hahahaha)

Hypoxia
03-14-14, 12:10 PM
Thanks!

I miss tacos so much. I have a sensitivity to corn too. Corn tortillas used to be my ****!
I do the oven roasted veggies. Love em.
I looove cashew. Good idea.

I do creamy soups with coconut milk- celery curry soup, root veggie soup, etc.
I gotta try this garlic bread thing. Lemme look.

And yeah, rice noodles are where it's at! .

I've been experimenting with jazzing up rice, too, and making it the centerpiece of a meal. That way I can have cold cuts, salad, steamed/sauteed vegetables on the side. Here's my favourite ad hoc and cheap version of "Indian" rice, tastes a bit like my aunt used to make:

1. In a small pan, lightly toast a packet of roasted salted cashew nuts in some olive or vegetable oil until they go a darker brown.
2. Prepare one box of Zatarain's Chicken Rice or Red Beans and Rice, according to the directions on the box, but I add in 3-4 cloves, some Indian mango pickle goop (the mix of oil and spices that surrounds the pieces of mango), the cashews, and some frozen peas before boiling.
3. In the pan where I did the cashews, put in some long thin pieces of chopped onion (about half a regular size onion, or 4 chopped cambrays) and sautee with a little soy sauce, cumin, and salt on medium heat. When they're very soft, turn up the heat to high and sprinkle a little brown sugar on top and mix it so it caramelizes. Mix this in with the rice when it's done.

Bouncingoffwall
04-20-16, 06:20 PM
I know that sounds like alot of limitations but...

Thai curry is an example of what can be made without gluten, dairy, soy and egg.

I am looking for more...

If you're also looking for taste-free, water fits the bill nicely. :D