View Full Version : Brain Blip stories?

Michio
01-08-14, 05:01 PM
Anybody want to share their brain blip stories that they've had? Always good for a laugh, I say. I'll start:

Was watching a show with some family once and it said the setting was Boston. Father asks: "So was it in Boston?" I respond: "No, they said it was in Massachusetts."

phantasm
01-08-14, 05:19 PM
How much time do you have cauz I can fill this thread up!!

Current blip: now I can't think of a blip.

SEE! :doh:

phantasm
01-08-14, 05:21 PM
There's too many jokes to remember, but do you ever find yourself laughing like an hour later or days later and just then getting the joke?

Better yet, telling the joke and forgetting the punchline because you were laughing so hard?? :doh:

Good Lord!

Michio
01-08-14, 05:49 PM
Remembering the location, members, and punchline of a joke, but not the "body"

"So a priest, a rabbi and a ham sandwich fly to Utah and....and uh.....well, in the end the rabbi gave up beer for lent!"

Daydreamin22
01-08-14, 06:08 PM
I was on the phone with my friend who lives in Boston and asked what time it was there. Then was told it was in the same time zone because i'm a few states down in the good old appalachian mountains :)

Michio
01-08-14, 06:12 PM
Speaking of time-zones: reversing the add/subtract hours. Every. Freaking. Time.

I have a rather flat learning curve with somethings :doh:

Daydreamin22
01-08-14, 06:12 PM
There's a scene on one of my parent's home videos of my family a while ago...
I was going into my junior year of highshool, standing in the kitchen and my 3rd grade brother comes up with a place mat of the United States and says, "I told you! I told you Arkensas was at the bottom."

Michio
01-08-14, 06:21 PM
We also have a home video of me as a senior in high school standing in the kitchen and my 3rd grade brother comes up with a place mat of the United States and says, "I told you! I told you Arkensas was at the bottom."

You're preaching to the chior with that one. I still can't do US geography and I'm in College.:lol: If you ask me where any states besides Florida, New York, Maine, California or New Jersey are, I hope you don't need me to direct you.:D

Tulip7171
01-08-14, 08:14 PM
Geography! :doh:

When I was 20, I moved to Phoenix, Arizona. I had been there for about a week, my aunt was watching the weather & I said, " Is that where we are? I had no idea Arizona bordered Mexico!" In high school geography, I only got to the Louisiana Purchase before I quit going for the semester, but I'm not sure I could even name the original 13 colonies.

Michio
01-09-14, 12:02 AM
I never could and never will be able to name the 50 states. The only geography I have a halfway decent grasp of is that of the late roman republic, and only because it was hammered into me via so many readings from Caesar's Gallic Wars.

Michio
01-09-14, 12:05 AM
One of my personal favorites: I shoot competitively (and what I mean by that is, I spray a lot of lead in the general direction of the target and God sees fit to let some of them get hit). I don't rent guns at competition since my family has a gun and renting can be expensive (most second hand shotguns pay for themselves within 5 rentals or so if you get them cheap).

I almost left for a competition without the shotgun. It was nice and secure in the gun safe in my basement. That's right folks: I tried to go shooting without a gun! :lol:

Edit: Actually, I just remembered what has to be one of the funniest ones. I was once asked during an IQ test of some kind (professionally administered) to name the two types of human blood vessels. I decided that clearly the two were the xylem and the phloem which move water in plants :doh: the look the lady gave me! :lol:

Tulip7171
01-09-14, 12:36 AM
I've forgotten stuff for the knitting class I teach so many times, I've started telling my students on the first day about having ADHD. It was never my intention to disclose it, but I'm so embarrassed by my memory, it's less stressful for me to talk about the ADHD than to keep apologizing for forgetting stuff with out a reason.