View Full Version : Generic Cymbalta

Niekiletta
01-12-14, 08:11 AM
I picked up my prescription yesterday and discovered they had dispensed generic. Apparently it just became available December 2013. Has anyone else tried it? Any significant difference effects than the brand Cymbalta?

hollywood
01-12-14, 11:51 PM
Do you like cymbalta ? How does it interact with adhd ? Do you feel like it doesn't interfere with adhd as much as other ssris? What's your opinion?

Arei
02-13-14, 02:54 AM
I've heard no one complain about it.

Right now I think that a sister company of Lily is making the Cymbalta generic right now, because it looks *exactly* like the brand pill (Many manufactures make their own generic/rebrand them as the first company making the generic). But soon other manufacturers will get in on it and probably within the next couple of months, they will start flooding the marketplace and there's going to be a brand thats cheaper and pharmacies will start filling those. Then people will probably start to notice if theres a difference or not.

sarahsweets
02-13-14, 05:29 AM
I cant tell you how happy I was to get generic cymbalta. My copay has been 350$ for far to long. Since december I have taken it and noticed nothing different. It like I am taking the same brand name meds.

Niekiletta
03-05-14, 12:49 PM
I have had a really good experience with Cymbalta over the past 2 years. I do not believe it has any effect on ADD symptoms. I have not noticed any change since I have started taking the generic, which looks nothing like the brand.

425runner
04-06-14, 11:08 AM
What does the Cymbalta do for you? Alleviate anxiety? Put you in a better mood? Does it make you tired and spaced out? I hear it gives people night sweats and just makes them feel really "weird" - nausea and stuff.

Does it help more then SSRI in terms of motivation?

sarahsweets
04-07-14, 05:02 AM
I am not sure how it helps someone with adhd but I take it for BPII. For many people with BPI or II an standard SSRI doesnt cut it, at least it didnt for me. The SNRI class of drugs has been better for me.

What does the Cymbalta do for you? Alleviate anxiety? Put you in a better mood? Does it make you tired and spaced out? I hear it gives people night sweats and just makes them feel really "weird" - nausea and stuff.

Does it help more then SSRI in terms of motivation?