View Full Version : Extreme Psychology

Daydreamin22
01-12-14, 05:53 PM
Just wanted to share and see what others think.
Never heard of this and thought it was interesting.

Extreme Psychology
For a small band of shrinks, intervening in catastrophic situations is an everyday event. But their experience at the edge has deep consequences for us all: It is altering our understanding of the true nature of human nature.
By Joann Ellison Rodgers, published on July 01, 2006 - last reviewed on July 09, 2010

http://www.psychologytoday.com/articles/200606/extreme-psychology

dvdnvwls
01-12-14, 07:28 PM
I'm not qualified to criticize or analyze, but I found it very interesting as well. Thanks.

Daydreamin22
01-12-14, 08:07 PM
I know, same. Cool to know that's out there. And they're the ones who are pioneering into the future rewriting the book of psychology. I don't doubt it at all, but am just wondering how they found people who believed they were abducted by aliens fit for studying repressed memories.... then again it is "extreme" but still, Idk where in the world they found enough people with that belief.
Overall, though... believing you were abducted by aliens turned out to be something in itself- unrelated to repressed memories of the trauma survivors- that made them feel special instead... not a traumatizig situation, still desturbing for sure and extreme.

Corina86
01-13-14, 01:27 PM
Could you copy-paste this please, because the link isn't working me?

Btw, you copy-pasted me another cool article about life with ADHD and I think I forgot to thank you for it, so here it goes :thanks!

Daydreamin22
01-13-14, 07:01 PM
Could you copy-paste this please, because the link isn't working me?

Btw, you copy-pasted me another cool article about life with ADHD and I think I forgot to thank you for it, so here it goes :thanks!

of course! sure thing. :)