View Full Version : Prozac

hollywood
01-15-14, 12:31 AM
How does Prozac interfere with adhd ? Does it make you tired or less so tha. Other ssris

FocusPocus10
01-15-14, 04:27 PM
I don't think so man, who told you that? In my experience and research zoloft is the best for cognition. Theyre all pretty much the same, but prozac will definitely blunt stims in my experience. overall its problem is its so weak it doesn't even help depression, or takes like 1 month to feel it (unlike the other ones with much shorter half lives). zoloft works right away, I'd take it but it makes me sick so I take paxil.

425runner
01-15-14, 09:07 PM
I find Prozac in a low dose, 2.5mg, stimulating. A while ago I was on 10 mg for depression but found it very sedating and felt high all the time. It has no side effects, is very smooth, helps me focus at the low dose while eliminating anxiety. It's the least selective SSRI so it hits DA/NE.

All the other SSRIs give me horrible GI side effects, Celexa seemed to help my depression but the stomach pains, cramps, and diarrhea were intolerable. And yes...I gave it 2 months to work. Paxil sent me to the ER.

hollywood
01-17-14, 11:00 AM
Actually I'm way too stressed. You know you just keep going and feel so weird from the anxiety and fear until your scared to even treat it . Then at night you have 30 minutes were you don't feel your body is tight and your chest feels actually normal . Hence you go to bed feeling you can overcome it . I took some Prozac and feel way better

Garbanzo Dude
01-21-14, 02:22 PM
Talking to my new doc. a low dose prozac 10mg daily combined with magnesium chelate and a high quality b-complex is a very good option! I personally still have need to for a 2 cups of coffee per day..but combined with exercise clean carbs this is a good combo!

hollywood
01-21-14, 07:42 PM
Well I'm sure about Prozac . I get tired ( not horrible ) on Prozac and feel a bit less driven to make calls and this makes me less social which is my issue in the first place . Maybe pristiq or Effexor or cymbalta just seem to work without losing my vigor

425runner
01-21-14, 08:04 PM
Yeah, I just threw away the rest of it - prozac that is. It sucked away my energy faster then a vacuum cleaner. Going back to 5 mg of Celexa since I'm used to it now,

hollywood
01-22-14, 01:48 AM
45runner stop it!!!! Your killing me!!!!!

Did you ever think you and I probably do not metabolize most ssris well ? In this case we are probably better off with a snri or Wellbutrin. I'm going back to adderall too instead of Ritalin . I get more stuff done on Amps