View Full Version : New to Wellbutrin plz help

littlesmg88
01-15-14, 11:51 AM
After being on adderall xr for almost 10 years (it started to wear off faster despite being on high dosage) and trying several anti-depressants I started wellbutrin sr yesterday. It seemed to desensitize my adderall and then I slept after work from 6pm til 8am today which with addys in my system usually wouldnt have happened.
My doc said wellbutrin would help my adderall work better... I know I just started it ... but please tell me this is normal so far and will change once I adjust to the medication :(

littlesmg88
01-15-14, 09:11 PM
day 2: feeling so depressed. not even feeling up to interacting with my 9 month old. and having spouts of random rage attacks. ex: flipped out because someone ate all the cheese in the fridge. feeling hopeless. I feel like this is how wellbutrin is always gonna make me feel. and im DYING for a drink! used to have a beer or two every night for the past 9 months but I'm afraid to drink one because my psychiatrist etc said it could increase risk of seizure. even though so could not drinking....

Andi
01-15-14, 10:56 PM
If tomorrow is more of the same or worse, please call your doctor.

littlesmg88
01-15-14, 11:52 PM
I called my doc today they said if nothing changes by monday to give them a call. I just wish I knew if these were just side effects that will go away or if this is how I am gonna be on wellbutrin forever....

AdamLL
01-27-14, 12:46 PM
It took me about 6 weeks before I felt the effects of the Wellbutrin and a few weeks for the side effects to subside. I started at 150mg and then needed it increased to 300mg. It did take another 4-6 weeks to feel the effects of the increase but I didn't have the problems with the side effects. Well if I did they were minimal and I didn't notice.
I have been on it a couple years now and it have worked very well for me

hollywood
01-29-14, 11:58 PM
I've been on 150 mg for two weeks . I'm familiar with Wellbutrin . My drive is coming back but I am scattered and cannot focus nor can I recall or remember things regarding executive function. Kinda sucks !! If I don't take it my motivation drags. , if I do take it my
Motivation improves and I get stupid!! Fun times-