View Full Version : Idk what happened to me. Alone.

tatival
01-15-14, 09:51 PM
I feel horrible. I don't know if this is an adderall "come down", or just depression, or me wanting a cigarette, or sleep-deprived, or all of the above.
Not to mention I just started a new college halfway thru the year, and I never eat anymore

I take 20mg Adderall XR in the morning. I pretty much never get hungry and/or I forget to eat. I drink water and coffee and little snacks. And I like it...I've struggled with body image and weight for years. I just can't get fat it's not okay for me.

I get pounding headaches every ******* day, and am exhausted. Sleepy by the afternoon, but it lasts the rest of the day.
I have a night class at 7:30 and I don't want to go.
I don't have any friends yet, and I just want to be happy..

I don't know if this is the adderall come down or if adderall has really changed my personality that much but I'm so sad and lonely and don't want to eat.....

Pls someone can you relate?

Daydreamin22
01-15-14, 10:08 PM
It sounds like an Adderall comedown. Smart to consider that.

Does the body image think have to do with anxiety or something?

The headaches are worrisome. It may have something to do with not enough food to sustain an aspect of your health.

BellaVita
01-15-14, 10:13 PM
How long does it last?

Canadian Mess
01-15-14, 10:36 PM
I would definitely see your doctor about the Adderall, it doesn't seem to be a good fit for you.

Additionally, it is very important that you eat throughout the day- have breakfast, lunch and supper, and a snack in the morning and afternoon. This keeps your glucose consistent, so you don't have that problem. don't eat based on how you feel, eat when you should.

Before taking your meds in the morning, have breakfast and drink 1-2 cups of water. Make sure to eat protein at each snack and meal, eat vegetables and fruit, and complex carbs, and don't worry about gaining weight.

Exercise and get 8 hours of sleep at night.

Make sure to see a physcologist and dietitian about your fears of weight gain. Not eating makes you gain weight and depression can mess up your sleep, eating and causes weight gain.

Canadian Mess
01-15-14, 11:21 PM
I'll also give you a sample meal plan for a day (I'm a dietetic student):
Breakfast- 1 serving whole grain cereal, 1 cup of milk, a fruit like a banana and 2 tbsp. peanut butter (Its weird but it works). then 2 cups of water

Take your meds afterwards, take them with more water if you can
Mid morning snack: 3/4 cup of yogurt, a whole grain English muffin and an apple or another fruit, more water

Lunch: 2.5 oz roasted chicken breast (no skin), a salad and whole grain bread, make sure to eat vegetables-they don't have much calories but you get fiber and feel full longer. more water

Mid afternoon snack: 1/3 cup- 1/2 cup trail mix (with pretzels, oats, nuts and seeds) has higher fat, but it's the good kind and good for your heart MORE WATER

Supper: you could have pasta, meat and potatoes, just make sure that you get a glass of milk, a serving of meat or alternatives, more grains (carbs!!!) and vegetables. MORE WATER

Feel free to have a bedtime snack of cereal or something before bed. AND WATER

That gives around 1800-2000 calories at least which is what you want for most people, see sparkpeople.com if you want an estimate more customized to your lifestyle needs.... and make sure to sleep and exercise!!!

Fraser_0762
01-16-14, 12:02 AM
Don't mix Adderall with Coffee or other caffeinated beverages.