View Full Version : Weight loss..

lucylove1990
01-16-14, 11:40 PM
I just started adderall rx this week. I know a lot of people lose weight on it. I was wondering if I continue eating the same amount, will I lose or will I maintain? I eat about 1400 calories a day. I don't want to lose so I'm going to force myself to eat even if I don't feel hungry but will I lose anyway?

JLambz
01-16-14, 11:41 PM
I think people lose because it kills your appetite in the beginning until you adjust. I think if you are having the same intake, you should be good :)

sarahsweets
01-17-14, 05:32 AM
The weight loss is due to lack of appetite. Adderall does not affect your metabolisim or anything like that.

Laserbeak
01-17-14, 06:56 AM
The weight loss is due to lack of appetite. Adderall does not affect your metabolisim or anything like that.

Yes it does. Your resting metabolism rises when taking amphetamines so you burn more calories just doing nothing or sleeping than you would without it.

sarahsweets
01-17-14, 07:10 AM
The only thing I could find was that adderall increases heart rate which indirectly increases metabolism is that what you mean?

Yes it does. Your resting metabolism rises when taking amphetamines so you burn more calories just doing nothing or sleeping than you would without it.

Laserbeak
01-17-14, 08:16 AM
All of your cells burn fuel (foods) at a higher rate when you're on amphetamine, methamphetamine, cocaine, caffeine, nicotine, etc.

FocusPocus10
01-17-14, 05:14 PM
All of your cells burn fuel (foods) at a higher rate when you're on amphetamine, methamphetamine, cocaine, caffeine, nicotine, etc.

I agree. Adderall increases metabolism. It used to be the main ingredient in diet pills LOL. But realistically don't count on adderall to help you be skinny, stick to good diet and exercise. The weight loss doesn't last long term, your body will adjust. Over a short time span assuming you have low tolerance, adderall definitely speeds your metabolism though.

focusthought23
01-19-14, 01:29 AM
You should up your calories 100-300 in my opinion