View Full Version : Just started adderall; Quick Question

Yianni1121
01-19-14, 01:35 PM
I had extremely bad focus problems and I finally I went to the doctor and got adderall. Its the best thing that ever happened to me. I never take more than prescribed and its perfect. My question is, everything is really good now but after taking it for a long time will it stop having an effect on me and will I be my old crappy self?

JLambz
01-19-14, 07:22 PM
I take vacations from it because I feel like its no longer working. But, when I'm on these vacations (or occasional delusions that I don't need it) EVERYONE around me notices. My husband usually tells me I need to go to the doc and get put back on it. This is around the time the bank account starts bouncing and I have piles of random crap everywhere. It's not always going to give you a kick in the shorts. That's only in the beginning. But it will be working in ways that you don't notice. Hope that made sense ;)

Yianni1121
01-20-14, 01:02 AM
I take vacations from it because I feel like its no longer working. But, when I'm on these vacations (or occasional delusions that I don't need it) EVERYONE around me notices. My husband usually tells me I need to go to the doc and get put back on it. This is around the time the bank account starts bouncing and I have piles of random crap everywhere. It's not always going to give you a kick in the shorts. That's only in the beginning. But it will be working in ways that you don't notice. Hope that made sense ;)

That makes me upset :( I want it to always have the same effect. Any procausions I can take to not build a tolerance ?

Blackstar
01-20-14, 04:38 AM
^ Not necessarily.

I sometimes take holidays, or less when there's no need.

sarahsweets
01-20-14, 06:17 AM
I have been taking stimulants for almost 10 years. I took dexedrine for 7 years and now adderall for almost 3. Same dose, never changed. I take it everyday at the same time because I always have adhd. It is a chronic life long condition and I need meds to treat it everyday so I dont believe in breaks for me. The only difference is I dont feel them. Which is a good thing because you shouldnt. I have my symptoms mostly under control. When I dont take my meds, my symptoms return and life sucks.

Yianni1121
01-20-14, 10:18 AM
thanks for the responses! I guess only time will tell