View Full Version : My brain fog went away for the first time in my life after smoking weed

ferrarl
01-27-14, 06:38 PM
I smoked weed for the first time a bit less than a month ago. Apparently 3-4 hits was too much for me since I was way too high and I fell asleep in like an hour.

However, 4 days ago I smoked for the 2nd time. I had never been that happy in my life and brain fog that I've had as long as I can remember, dissapeared for the time when I was stoned. The next morning it was back however.

I always feel a bit tired and can't have crystal clear thoughts. Its like my mind is blurred just a little bit and I've always felt this way. I've come to accept this as normal but couple months ago I did some researching and found out that "brain fog" isn't a normal state to be in and there are tons of people that are in the same condition. I started getting more regular sleep but this had no effect on the brain fog. I have not seen doctor for it either.

But anyways, it actually went away when I was stoned and I'm just wondering why this is. I feel like the brain fog has a direct link with my ADD since other people who have it, often suffer from bad short term memory, short focus, both which I have.

I'm now a 20 year old college student and I can say for sure that I've been in this state for at least 3 years, maybe my whole life. 3 years ago was the first time when I realized that I was always a bit tired and couldn't pay full attention on anything.

I have been taking 30mg adderall for 5 months now (took 6 weeks off over the Christmas break), and it allows me to focus on boring things like homework by making it interesting, but the brain fog doesn't go away at all. I always get a bit more tired than usual after adderall kicks in but it does allow me to focus.

Canadian Mess
01-27-14, 09:47 PM
I would definitely see a doctor because as you said it isn't normal. Some people self medicate with marijuana and other illegal substances for ADHD because it makes them concentrate better, feel more alert and feel more "normal"

Perhaps Adderall isn't the best fit for you?
I'm on Ritalin and it also makes me focus on homework, listen in class.. but more importantly for me it cuts down on the mental chaos in my head. It makes all the crazy and random thoughts that bounce in my head quiet down. Like lifting fog for me, because I can listen to conversations, I am more calm and am more patient while on Ritalin as opposed to being all other the place like a jack in a box when off my meds.

Fraser_0762
01-27-14, 10:22 PM
Marijuanas ability to reduce anxiety may help boost concentration in the short term. But over the long term, it can have a drastically negative effect on your concentration.

ferrarl
01-27-14, 10:35 PM
Marijuanas ability to reduce anxiety may help boost concentration in the short term. But over the long term, it can have a drastically negative effect on your concentration.

I don't really know if it helps me concentrate yet since I have only 2 experiences with it and haven't tried anything productive while on it.

I guess I was surprised how clear everything was while stoned and how I didn't have the fog.

And adderall allowed me to get 3.85GPA last semester compared to less than 2.5 the one before. I guess trying another one to see if it also lifts the fog would be worth it.

Dopes1
01-31-14, 03:01 AM
I would definitely see a doctor because as you said it isn't normal. Some people self medicate with marijuana and other illegal substances for ADHD because it makes them concentrate better, feel more alert and feel more "normal"

Perhaps Adderall isn't the best fit for you?
I'm on Ritalin and it also makes me focus on homework, listen in class.. but more importantly for me it cuts down on the mental chaos in my head. It makes all the crazy and random thoughts that bounce in my head quiet down. Like lifting fog for me, because I can listen to conversations, I am more calm and am more patient while on Ritalin as opposed to being all other the place like a jack in a box when off my meds.

I wouldn't say cannabis is self medication, more or less a means of coping.

How does cannabis make you "concentrate" and "feel more alert"? It's not a stimulant.

Abi
01-31-14, 01:52 PM
Thread temporarily closed for staff review.

sarahsweets
10-28-14, 04:44 AM
I will never understand how smoking weed helps someone's adhd.

HADDaball
11-04-14, 04:03 PM
^ +1

Maybe people on weed mistake delusion for insight

Unmanagable
11-04-14, 04:19 PM
Just like all other medications and substances, it seems. Each one has different effects on each individual.

Raye
11-09-14, 03:47 PM
Thread closed due to guideline
compliance.