View Full Version : Creative Thoughts..

Kashche
01-28-14, 07:14 AM
This is my first time posting a thread and I am fairly new to the forum...
My ideas are becoming a problem (good or bad, I don't know?) to me. I am constantly having new ideas and I don't know how to let my brain take a break. SOmetimes all my thoughts feel jumbled up in my head and the only way for me to feel OK again is to start writing my thoughts and especially my ideas down. It makes me feel organized when in fact i am the opposite.
I have tried many methods to do this: notebooks, journals,diaries, calendar on my smartphone and I even keep post-its in my handbag and write stuff on them wherever i am.
I have though so much that my ideas have had babies and grand babies too..

Is there anyone else out here like me?:scratch:

Anyway I have decided to put my ideas to good use and i will be posting all my ideas (business related, weird, quirky bad and good) on this thread for others to read, peruse, scrutinise, judge and maybe improve on and build their own empire from it. Courtesy of me :)

I know we have many fellow ADD'ers who struggle with finding work or to earn extra money and if one of my ideas can help someone start something they will make money from it i would feel i empowered people from all walks of life.. Your thoughts welcome and even your own creative one's if you have...

Kashche
01-28-14, 07:36 AM
Opportunity: "Granny" service for expecting and new mothers

Being a mother myself I believe that every new mother should have an appointed mother of her own. Its helps to have someone to turn to when you dont know how to handle or care for your young baby. Basically your mom away from your mom...

The service would include all types of 'motherly duties':
*Babysitting the baby when mom needs time out
*Helping the family with preparing and cooking meals.
*Someone who is knowledgeable about the rituals and traditional aspects of different religions and cultures.

This kind of business would be ideal for employing retired teachers, an extra income for stay at home mothers or the unemployed.

Grannies can go for first aid courses and cooking lesson to develop their skills even further.

Weaknesses

Applications for the positions of the 'granny' will have to go through rigorous background checks to ensure the quality of employees you allow into a clients home.

What do you think?
Probably not the most glamorous business idea in the world, but one that a lot of new mothers could definitely benefit from

Kashche
01-28-14, 08:10 AM
Opportunity: The ADD shop

To me ADD is not a disorder but something that makes me unique from other "normal" counterparts. I would love a shop (in a shopping mall or something) to be opened to hold all sorts of ADD paraphernalia (spelling? sorry, I am in a hurry) and especially ADD helpers (like special calenders, notebooks designed with ADD'ers (adults and kids) in mind. a shop where every parent will not hesitate to walk into and buy the "special" school bag designed especially for her child, that reminds the child (in print) of every item their bag must hold (and every item he must bring home else mom gets upset). Or a special calender printed on post-it stickers for someone like me who struggles to remember appointments and dates. this way i can carry my normal yellow post-its for normal notes and i have a calendar post-it for my appointments all in my pocket.. there are so many endless ways to make life for an ADD'er that much easier.

Oh oh and a clock that comes with stickers placed on 7:15 for example reminding the child when they have to be done and what time they have to leave for school in the morning. this helps especially for kids who cannot read time yet.

Weaknesses
Deigning and producing the items to be sold. Lots of start up capital maybe?

Nothing else that i can think of now.. But you should tell me if you think of any more...

Kashche
01-28-14, 08:13 AM
I have to get some work done. will try to post more later... This is so exciting to me I am completely excited by this activity of writing my ideas down... Weird I know...

Corina86
01-28-14, 01:38 PM
Honestly, although your intention is good, it won't really have any success around here. See, the nature of ADHD is that we all have lots of ideas and make many plans, most of which could be very good, but we never stick to them. Of course, you are welcomed to write anything you want here. but you should consider posting them on other forums as well, like forums for art, business ideas, creativity etc. depending on what kind of ideas you have.

Baal Moom
01-28-14, 06:57 PM
I think it wouldn't hurt to post your ideas. At the very least you'll vent. I used to have the occasional idea, but I think I have laid ruin to my brain with years of... er... Maybe I'll write about it some time. I don't think much nowadays.

Kashche
01-29-14, 01:26 AM
:thankyou:Hey Guys. Thank you for the feedback. I see what you guys are saying. i have double-posted (by accident) and i posted all my ideas on the other thread exactly like this one.. sorry about that.. i basically just need an outlet for my ideas else they zoom around in my head all day as something new that I HAVE to pursue (when my brain gets excited i kinda feel like i have to do what it says). if i post it up it will be written down (so i can refer back to it if i want to) and others can also benefit from it. i thought about posting each idea in a specific (already existing) thread, but i honestly get lost on this forum and i struggle to find my way around (probably because i am new here?).. it would frustrate me too much to meander through this site trying to find the appropriate category for one of my ideas..

A few people have read my ideas and hopefully they can put the ideas to good use cos i cant...

Fraser_0762
01-29-14, 01:35 AM
I envy those who have a head full of ideas. I'm incapable of forming any idea.

Kashche
01-29-14, 06:52 AM
Hey Fraser. Incapable? Ideas are just thoughts on steroids... my ideas start out as thoughts and they metamorph into something my brain obsesses about. its so bad that i try not to read newspapers or watch the news cos whenever i see problems happening in the world my brain wants to solve them. (right now it wants to solve your "incapability problem" but i have to hold myself back from doing that). my brain believes that nothing is unnsolvable and that there is a solution to everything..
it literally dissects every inch of information it finds. thats too much for me to handle. makes hard for me to prioritise and focus on more important things like spending time with my kids and my husband.. i am constantly daydreameing about solving everyones problems for them.. (which is why i started this thread).

you are welcome to use some of my ideas and tweak it to your own liking(i have posted a few on another thread by the exact same title)..:)

someothertime
03-04-14, 05:03 AM
Solar Curtains

PolaBear
03-04-14, 07:33 PM
Whoa

This has been me for as long as I can remember, and being new here it's still sinking in that others think this way too. I too had to avoid watching certain things as my mind would take over, watching James Bond would make me want to be James Bond or have ideas related to that, watching the news would have be finding faults with what was going on etc.

I was the kid who LIVED in my imagination, and growing older this then translated into using real world things to create, so many ideas, which then as my mind moved on would be destroyed. Listening to a song would have me creating more songs which I'd I ten to write down but 5 mins later I'd moved on to something else in my head and want to be something else instead.

Don't know if anyone else had this feeling, but having such a big imagination and creativity actually made thing such as jobs seem one dimensional, the thought of not being able to express would make me feel anxious. The thought of being somewhere where you are expected to act or talk a certain way, or couldn't be yourself freaks me out. Remember Jim Carrey saying that most people lose this part of who they are and they shouldn't, but if only I could remember ideas!

InvitroCanibal
03-10-14, 09:15 PM
Opportunity: "Granny" service for expecting and new mothers

Being a mother myself I believe that every new mother should have an appointed mother of her own. Its helps to have someone to turn to when you dont know how to handle or care for your young baby. Basically your mom away from your mom...

The service would include all types of 'motherly duties':
*Babysitting the baby when mom needs time out
*Helping the family with preparing and cooking meals.
*Someone who is knowledgeable about the rituals and traditional aspects of different religions and cultures.

This kind of business would be ideal for employing retired teachers, an extra income for stay at home mothers or the unemployed.

Grannies can go for first aid courses and cooking lesson to develop their skills even further.

Weaknesses

Applications for the positions of the 'granny' will have to go through rigorous background checks to ensure the quality of employees you allow into a clients home.

What do you think?
Probably not the most glamorous business idea in the world, but one that a lot of new mothers could definitely benefit from

I think daycare covers a lot of this but if you list it as a duel day care and babysitting service, I think it could be quite successful.

The issues would be liability factors, insurance costs would be high. The start up costs may actually be quite low. All in all I think it's a good idea, it just needs to be marketed clearly. Again, I think granny service is too vague and gives the wrong impression of the services it provides.

If it were me I'd call it something like "Rent-a-care" or "DaycareExpress" or "Baby911" I dunno those are probably all bad names but you get the idea?

scott66_nyc
03-23-14, 07:59 AM
Dear Polar Bear - Anytime someone tells you your ideas will probably not succeed - that is the moment you know you are on to something.

I really enjoy your creative idea rants. As a serial entrepreneur wanna be, I see potential in both your granny service and your ADD kit and ideas swirl in my head as I try to expand on your ideas and try to take it to next level.

I encourage you to continue your random writing with reckless abandon.

scott66_nyc
03-23-14, 08:20 AM
To further expand on the granny service idea - I think you would have to identify how this is different from having a nanny, babysitter or cleaning person. DO you see this as a money making venture or more as a community volunteer service?

Running with the community service aspect of it - this could be a great lifesaver. The benefit here could be a low impact, low hassle relief for a parent who desperately needs some "me" time. Say for example some high school/college/church/nursing school/senior citizens group got together and offered their services for mothers (and fathers) who might need a break. They could offer one hour of coverage for parent to go do anything for themselves. Maybe 2 hours. There could be a donation (for the younger groups) and this could be a fundraiser type of thing.

Now the naysayers are probably thinking no mother especially a new mother is going to leave her infant alone with some teeny boppers or strangers. Yes you are probably right. But this is where things start to get fleshed out and fine tuned.

One idea to maybe address this is by using "the safety in numbers" principle. Instead of the service coming to your home, maybe you take your baby to the church/Gym/community center where there is a group of 10 or so people all working together to give Parents a break. I have seen this similar idea done thru churches where they encourage couples to get out and have some adult time and the church offers 3 hours of babysitting for free. Everyone brings their kids to church on a friday night and drops them off and comes back later after re-charging.

I could go on with this rant but then I feel like I might be stealing the Polar Bears screen time so I will pull up here.