View Full Version : fish oil ??

jossefjossef
01-28-14, 02:43 PM
Do u think omega 3 really help with adhd ?? Does it make any difference ? Plz share your experience with fish oil supplements. And which dha and epa amounts ?

dvdnvwls
01-28-14, 02:54 PM
Is it easily available in Lebanon? If it is, just get some and try it. Buy a good brand, and take the recommended dose printed on the bottle. It is generally safe to take more, but it can thin your blood if you take far too much. I believe that for ADHD the higher EPA is thought to be the best, but I can't remember for sure.

The brand I happen to take is giving me a daily total of 750 mg EPA and 500 mg DHA per day at the recommended dose, and sometimes I take more.

Omega-3 from fish oil is better and more useful than omega-3 from any kind of plants.

Side effects: Some brands give (sorry) "fish burps" - a bad taste later in the day. If you get that, switch to a better brand, some do not do that.

Lunacie
01-28-14, 04:31 PM
I discovered the benefits of omega 3 by accident.

I began taking a supplement with fish oil and evening primrose oil for hormonal issues

and found I could think so much more clearly.

So I went online and found some studies had been done on the benefits of omega 3 for ADHD symptoms.

I've been taking it ever since, over 10 years now.

That first supplement was too expensive to continue, so I just buy mine at the dollar store now.

My brand doesn't list the breakdown of EPA vs DHA.