View Full Version : Amphetamine tolerance.

flashbacks
01-28-14, 05:53 PM
I read the rules before posting this and I don't think it is against the rules, if it is well I am sorry and I understand if it is deleted.

I have been taking adderall for almost a month now, I am on 10mg XR and I'm moving up to 15 mg XR soon. As I am aware that adderall tolerance builds up, I was wondering if it also builds up one's tolerance to speed or is the street drug so full of crap that it doesn't change much? It's really just out of curiosity, the question has been bugging me for so long and I can't seem to find an answer.

liveandletdie
01-28-14, 08:38 PM
Yes it would obviously...because adderal is just speed in a different form...unless you're talking about meth which isn't speed though some call it that...If you're doing speed with your adderall..i'd suggest going cold turkey off both or checking into a rehab facility or an out patient deal...i know MANY people who have died from speed..more then I can count on my hand. First it leads to lack of sleep, then paranoia/psychosis, then heart attack/death. I wouldn't usually say this....but that's a dumb question...unless you are reaching out for help....asking this question means you are pondering speed...or for some reason have never looked up what adderall (amphetamine salts...speed in a different form) always check what you are taking and read all you can about it to weight the risk/benefit factors.

flashbacks
01-29-14, 12:06 AM
When I start to ask myself a question, it will just stay in my mind until I get an answer so that's why I was asking, not because I was doing both. I guess my question should have been : If I ever did speed would I need more to get the effects or not because of the ( quite high ) chances that it was made with meth ? ( You don't need to answer that actually, I think I got my answer, and as I said it's just curiosity.)

I was a bit reluctant at first to go on adderall since I knew it was like speed, I have experienced speed 4 or 5 years ago and it was just pretty bad. I was also wondering because the tolerance for speed builds up really quickly but it doesn't seem to be the case with adderall. But I guess the adderall is used a lot more appropriately than speed is. I guess I'm just a little scared of adderall even if it's working well for me, I don't know, I don't want to be addicted.

Daydreamin22
01-29-14, 12:29 AM
No clue ab the street junky junk. Sorry, but if you overuse speed it doesn't have an effect after awhile. My dumb psychologist told me that out of no where.

I know Adderall has tolerance as well. If you're able to focus than it's working. Focus is the main effect, anything else is a side effect. you have to pick up a book and see how many pages you can read and compare it to see whether it's effecting focus or not. you can build tolerance, but if you don't abuse it you won't most likely.

I guess it takes a lot of damaging surges due to high amts to shut down receptors or whatever. If you take magnesium it helps with tolerance supposedly. B12, taurasene or whatever it's called, calcium carbonate, gensing, and antioxidants. No bit c, take vits at night. No drugs obvi. Messes everything up for sure.

Fraser_0762
01-29-14, 12:41 AM
You would build up a mild tolerance to the speed, but a massive tolerance to the Adderall, because it's considerably weaker.

If you wish for Adderall to stay effective, stay clear of street uppers.

peripatetic
01-29-14, 12:47 AM
thread closed for review

cheers