View Full Version : Difficulty in getting prescriptions filled

MelShy
01-30-14, 11:35 AM
Has anyone else experienced difficulty (not in stock, backordered) Focalin 10mg? My son takes 40XR in the morning, but also takes a 10mg in the afternoon. When I went to have it filled, I can't find a pharmacy in town that has any. The pharmacy where I normally get my prescriptions said that its been on backorder for 2 months. Apparently, there is a distribution problem and they aren't producing it. So, now here comes the issue, I have to find yet another med that is short acting and my son can take. Any suggestions?? Anyone else having difficulty getting their scripts?

G252013
02-05-14, 11:16 PM
I just got some filled the other day, but had to visit about 3 pharmacies before one had it in stock

tmoe99us
02-18-14, 10:25 AM
My son was upped to 10 mg twice a day back in December. I live in a very rural area that does not keep certain meds in stock. Went to have it filled and the pharmacist told me it would be sometime in February before it would be available.

He's been switched to Vyvanse now and still no clue when the focalin would be back. So far the Vyvanse has worked well for my son.

lasmom
02-20-14, 08:25 PM
I am in LA and had to call 5 pharmacies before I found it! Plenty of Focalin XR...frustrating!

lilshorty174
03-06-14, 09:25 PM
We can't find it anywhere either and we're also trying to figure out what to put our son on now that we found something that actually was working good.

mischaelman
04-02-14, 01:24 PM
Focalin is listed on the FDA Drug Shortage list athttp://www.fda.gov/Drugs/DrugSafety/DrugShortages/ucm314739.htm#dexmethylphenidate.

Hopefully an effective alternative can be found for those who can't get their prescription filled.

SASChii
04-03-14, 06:26 PM
I couldn't get mine filled because of the backorder, then my local Walgreens said they are not going to carry it. So I ended up doing without and going to have to figure things out on my own. Not going back to psychiatrist either.

SASChii
04-03-14, 06:27 PM
I am in LA and had to call 5 pharmacies before I found it! Plenty of Focalin XR...frustrating!

Yeah I have a bunch of that leftover. The stuff upsets my stomach and gives me GERD symptoms so I stopped taking it.

G252013
04-04-14, 02:06 PM
Focalin is listed on the FDA Drug Shortage list athttp://www.fda.gov/Drugs/DrugSafety/DrugShortages/ucm314739.htm#dexmethylphenidate.

Hopefully an effective alternative can be found for those who can't get their prescription filled.

thanks for link

coolata
04-14-14, 08:51 PM
So has anyone had any success in getting the IR generics filled (any strength)... I had to switch to plain Ritalin 10mg because I can't find any Focalin anywhere.. Kinda annoying I was on 5mg generic for two years without any issues till now

sarahsweets
04-15-14, 04:49 AM
These "shortages" tend to be regional. Awhile back there was an adderall IR shortage and it was easy to get here.

G252013
05-19-14, 06:58 PM
just picked up a script of generic 10mg IR in central FL