View Full Version : ADD and BDD

firmafest
02-02-14, 02:53 PM
Anyone with rare and wonderful (;)) combination of ADD and BDD?

Not a very common combination I would think :rolleyes:

dvdnvwls
02-02-14, 08:11 PM
While BDD is certainly not the first thing one thinks of as a common combination with ADHD, the things that are commonly found along with BDD, or as symptoms of it (social phobia, major depression, OCD) are common (or at least not surprising) when also found with ADHD.

Does it feel to you as if your ADD and your BDD are related, or does it feel like a random accident that you have them both?

Corina86
02-03-14, 11:46 AM
I think it's pretty common among people with social anxiety and/or self-esteem issues, it just isn't easily diagnosed.

firmafest
02-03-14, 12:33 PM
While BDD is certainly not the first thing one thinks of as a common combination with ADHD, the things that are commonly found along with BDD, or as symptoms of it (social phobia, major depression, OCD) are common (or at least not surprising) when also found with ADHD.

Does it feel to you as if your ADD and your BDD are related, or does it feel like a random accident that you have them both?

It feels mostly like an accident. I think the ADD and BDD is often working against eachother ex.
With the ADD I have some serious trouble getting up in the morning and when I get up too late the BDD -side gets really anxious about how I'm not gonna have time to put on all the makeup I usually have. And because of that I'm gonna feel like **** and really ugly all day.

So it's kind of a battle between the bad and the bad :(

dvdnvwls
02-03-14, 01:52 PM
It feels mostly like an accident. I think the ADD and BDD is often working against eachother ex.
With the ADD I have some serious trouble getting up in the morning and when I get up too late the BDD -side gets really anxious about how I'm not gonna have time to put on all the makeup I usually have. And because of that I'm gonna feel like **** and really ugly all day.

So it's kind of a battle between the bad and the bad :(
Not to minimize anything at all, but I think this kind of "battle between the bad and the bad" is a constant theme of ADHD. Your battle between BDD and ADHD sounds like a more-specific version of the same battle many ADHDers have with general anxiety. (Probably the clash between BDD and ADHD is more noticeable just because it is so specific, and you yourself probably have the other battle between ADHD and "anxiety in general" also.)

vampirekitti
04-24-14, 03:11 PM
I am one of those people, too. I knew I had BDD far before I knew I had ADD, but I am pretty sure I had them both at the same time so perhaps they are related?

vampirekitti
04-25-14, 05:36 PM
Although I must say I was never officially diagnosed with BDD, but rather I've always had severe body image issues and I feel that I relate to it very much...