View Full Version : Best way to deal with Adderall XR crash instead of taking another

littlesmg88
02-03-14, 12:56 AM
I've been on adderall xr for 10 years. Over the years they stopped working like they did at first. A few years ago I was told to start the regimen on 30mg in the morning and 15mg in the afternoon. Then even that stopped working. So I self medicated by just taking more everytime I needed a pick me up to keep getting things done/being productive. Obviously then I would run out early. I never told my doctor for fear they would take me off adderall. I went off adderall in Aug. 2012 because I got pregnant. 7 months ago (when she was 3 mths old) I was put back on my adderall. Same dosage. But this time around it doesn't work like it did before. It doesn't even make me lose weight anymore or be as productive. Also I "crash" and feel like its worn off 2-4 hours after taking it. I feel excited and happy and talkative when I first take it.
I started seeing a new doctor who added wellbutrin and cut out my 15's.
So what can I do? I don't have anything but 30's and need to not take them so I don't run out so fast. It's so hard though when all I want is a push to keep going at work or whatever. Please help.:goodpost:

dvdnvwls
02-03-14, 01:15 AM
It sounds as if changes in you have caused this apparent change in how Adderall is working. I don't have a great plan for what you should do next, other than to tell your doctor what's going on. Keeping secrets from your doctors isn't usually very helpful.

sarahsweets
02-03-14, 05:53 AM
Talk to your doctor, it sounds like you do need that booster after all.