View Full Version : Sleeping, mood and meds (wellbutrin and generics)

lavasgirl
02-06-14, 05:09 PM
I am 51 and been on low doses of wellbutrin or generics for the last 10 years or so. The main reason I have taken it all those years was because I am more grouchy (my family notices), moody from hormones and unfocused without.
About a year ago I quit taking it just to see what would happen. Now I have been a night owl most of my life requiring about 10 hours of sleep per night. After quitting the WB I started sleeping 12 hours per night and was much grouchier. After 7 months of this I realized my hours were disappearing and I was constantly fighting with my partner so I decided to go back on my meds.

Since my mom is also on WB she gave me some of hers. I started on 200mg and I took it right before bed and I began waking up early, focused and in a great mood only requiring 8 hours of sleep. LIFE WAS GOOD!

Those pills ran out and my doc prescribed 2x100's and it didn't have the same effect. I split them AM/PM and still no noticeable difference. I am less grouchy but now I am back to sleeping 10 hours.
I realize their are significant differences between the 3 forms of and dosages of wellbutrin. Before I adjust meds again,
Has anyone else had similar experiences and or noticed what those differences are regarding:
:confused:
1.sleep needed
2.dosage
3.time of day taken
4. 12hr vs 24, SR vs XL etc.
5. Type: budeprion, buproprion and wellbutrin.
6. Focus increase