View Full Version : Task Organizing Applications

longboard
02-07-14, 04:48 PM
Hey everyone!

I was wondering, what kinds of methods or tools does everyone use to keep up with tasks and be productive?

I've tried Google Calendar and reminders list on my iPhone, but now I mostly use a physical notebook for writing down my tasks and goals. Even with this, I don't always remember to check on it. When I try to be more productive, I use an alarm that goes off every ten minutes.

I'm a programmer and I've been thinking of developing an application for managing our tasks. I'm currently researching features we mostly need.
If you can, could you list the things you do or the methods you use that help you keep on task and stay productive?

Thank you!
Victor

dvdnvwls
02-07-14, 04:53 PM
Are there any applications already existing that you could join in the development of? There is so much duplication and wasted effort, so many apps that are pretty good but not quite "it" which could relatively easily be improved, that I think it's become demonstrably a waste of time to write yet another.

dvdnvwls
02-07-14, 04:56 PM
I think, for most of us (just as you described from your own experience) that the essential problem is not how well our applications or notebooks work, but rather how (or if) we remember to make use of them. PEBKAC is the biggest obstacle for ADHD organizers, not better programming.

TygerSan
02-07-14, 05:47 PM
Trello is a project management app I've played around with a bit. Has good to do lists and ability to chunk things into different tasks.

mzsol215
03-15-14, 07:46 PM
I need an app to remind me to do things, again and again. Step by step, not only real by real. Baby steps. It would be nice to have a reminder telling me why the task must be done at that specific time (alarm 1.)Wake up...alarm 2. (Because I snoozed the first one) wake up, because you will be fired. Etc...that would be nice...mindfulness...

HADDaball
03-16-14, 05:28 AM
check out gtodo for linux