View Full Version : Has anyone tried any of the 5 Hour Energy supplements to help them with their ADHD?

Traveler5
02-10-14, 07:36 PM
The ads say it gives you more energy, focus, and motivation. True in your opinion? If you've tried it, how has it worked in conjunction with any ADHD medication you're also taking?

WhatwasIsayin
02-10-14, 10:10 PM
I am not on meds and take them sometimes as I work in construction and often work long hours and start early. From what I have read about taking them while on stims it seems that they are counterproductive. They are also expensive.

dvdnvwls
02-10-14, 11:13 PM
Terrible idea with medication. Massive ugly side effects.

Without medication: your choice, but I don't see the point. It doesn't help the part of your brain that needs helping. An ADHDer taking energy drinks is like scratching your left arm when your right arm is itchy - you might trick yourself into thinking it's helping, but really it isn't.

Rebelyell
02-10-14, 11:22 PM
I want to try stacker but not sure how it will react w my meds.

Arei
02-13-14, 05:30 AM
I would not recommend taking them with medication. It's a ****-ton of caffeine in a very small package. The first time I ever tried one, it was fine, but the second and third times it was a real trip, the last time I didn't sleep for 24 hours. I'm usually NOT sensitive to caffeine and can have tons without ill effect, but that was bad. I would imagine my heart might explode out of my chest if I took it with Adderall in my system :X Stimulants + mega caffeine is never ever a good mix.