View Full Version : Ohio Meetup for ADDF

Nova
03-19-05, 12:35 AM
Heya all you Ohioans !!
I would like your opinion on how you would feel if we got together, in a real sense, about once a month.
Depending on how many people will show up, and where we are mostly located, I thought it would be fun to meet at a public location, that would be the most centrally located to the participating members!
Let me know what you think, and know that I have really no clue as to how to coordinate this initially, so I need your input, if you're interested ! We can subdivide this too, into regions, if enough people take responsibility in posting the location!
Nova

heatman
03-20-05, 12:18 PM
The idea sounds great. It might prove to be helpful to be able to talk with each other about days events and trials in a real time setting. I wonder how helpful it can be to be in contact with people that understand us.(besides loved ones)
I am in the west side cleveland area. please..keep me informed.

Nova
03-21-05, 12:13 AM
I sure will!

I'm only going by protocol on here, and this is the area that I'm to post any meetups we might have, so we'll just have to be patient and hope that everyone in Ohio is linked to this section, and will eventually come on here and read it.
If we get a few people, and this gets rolling, we can decide amongst ourselves where and when we would like to meet!
Be well,
Nova

heatman
03-21-05, 12:42 AM
well if you want you can send me a pm.I think we can get something started,even if it is small. I have thought of this all day today and think that its a great idea and all great ideas need a start.
see you
have a great day,
steve

timh
03-21-05, 12:25 PM
I would love to get together. Unfortunately my schedule would not allow every month. I am a Westsider from Cleveland. It looks like there is a concentration of Cleveland/Akron/Canton/Youngstown members. Maybe a location centered around those three areas. Maybe Solon would be a good central location.

Nova
03-25-05, 08:57 AM
I think the meetups would be static, but the option to attend would be up to the individual, of course, according to their schedule.

Tim- I just wanted to let you know how much I associate with your 'report card' quote on your profile! Cute!!

and Stevo, I'll pm you sometime this weekend. I could use all interested member's help in coordinating this!

Thanks to all of you!
Nova

Ian
03-25-05, 11:57 AM
I'm so envious!! I've been toying with the idea of a larger meet in the summer some time. I must bring this up with my wife.

Good on you all.

heatman
03-25-05, 07:25 PM
Ok nova I will be here or around.
Hope to hear from you...:)

Ian
03-25-05, 08:00 PM
I want to move to Ohio.

Andrew
03-25-05, 08:06 PM
Amen...I'm packing now ;)

heatman
03-25-05, 09:25 PM
Ya sure..move here now .winter is over..lol

Andrew
03-25-05, 09:26 PM
I've actually been spending alot of time in Ohio as of late...winter storms and all.

heatman
03-26-05, 12:07 AM
We almost broke the snowfall record.It may be up in the 50s next week!! yahoo!!!
What were you doing in ohio?

Andrew
03-26-05, 12:10 AM
Someone near & dear to me lives there :)

auntchris
04-02-05, 03:15 AM
Nova I think is a good idea...come on down Ian would love to have you here in ohio. Ya too Andrew....and anyone else ... gee everyone seem to like ohio now

Nova
04-03-05, 12:51 PM
As of yesterday, winter is not over yet! I HATE Cleveland winters!! I truly do!
And while I don't regret filing for divorce last summer, I sure am PO'd that I picked THIS year of all years, when I need a garage to park my car in, the most!! :D
Do y'all think that we should plan this meeting to fall on a Saturday, or a Sunday? I'm thinking a weekend day would be better, considering how most people's weeknights are 'scattered', LoL!
What sounds good to y'all?
I'm so glad we are getting more members joining us in our quest to meet!

Andrew-You'll either love or hate Ohio. That's how this state works. I've been here for about 25 years now, and even though my heart belongs to my native Louisiana, I do love it here.
Nova

Nova
04-03-05, 12:55 PM
Make sure you bring that sweetie with you, Andrew to our meetings!
Nova

heatman
04-04-05, 12:29 AM
Ohio..we love it cuz it gives us enough change in the weather to appreciate it but also enough change to have something to complain about!!. I think a saturday afternoon into evening would be the best time. Now we need to decide on a meeting venue.Where everyone would feel the most relaxed. Perhaps a resturant where we could get appettizers(sp?) and some sort of drinks. A second option would be a place like a bowling alley.So...give me your thoughts so we can perhaps move forward on this. As long as I don't procrastinate...lol lol
Steve

Nova
04-04-05, 11:20 PM
Either location sounds great to me, Stevo!

I am awful at bowling though, so I hope y'all know that ahead of time!
What about an afternoon meet, no matter the location? That way we could accomodate everyone's needs, as far as the time not being too late, or too early.
Any 'voices' here that want to set the time for this?
I'm going to venture to say it's still a safe bet to have it indoors, too! :)
Nova

I wonder if we should email the Ohio members individually?
I would think that if they haven't been active in over a month, they're probably not going to be as excited as we are, lol !

heatman
04-05-05, 11:08 PM
I think an afternoon meetup at an indoor location would be excellent.
My wife and I used to be on a bowling league but I still stink.lol lol
Does anyone else have any suggestions.It almost seems like we should set a date and go forward with it and hope the word gets out.
Nova..when are you usually on?
I'm having a hard time thinking today so I will respond more tomorrow. lol lol

ms_sunshine
04-05-05, 11:39 PM
Where are you looking to have this get together, town-wise? I'm south of Dayton. It wouldn't be easy for me to get to Cleveland, bc I have four kids, and no one to watch them all. (no one suggest I bring them, or else :P )

It's been in the mid seventies here, and all the trees are starting to bud (happy happy joy joy)!

heatman
04-06-05, 08:36 PM
Maybe we should follow the sunshine!!
It has been nice here too but rain is expected..ya know..lol springtime..
anyhow,the city is going to be the cleveland area. So we shouldn't suggest bringing the
kids huh..
Ms sunshine is there anytime that you would be able to make the drive up here?

auntchris
04-12-05, 12:00 AM
Just so you know folks I dont know how to drive or am allowed to at the time. Medical reason. I would haveto be able to take the bus there.

I would love to meet the folks in Ohio. I think this would be a fun time. Nova I am terrible at bowling too but it is fun. Can ya believe it my parent were both on a bowling league and the genes didnt rub off on me . Let me know when you decide. I ll pop back in to see what ya guys are talking about.

Tim T
04-17-05, 09:51 PM
I live on the east side of Cleveland
Let me know if someone sets a date, sounds like fun ;)

auntchris
04-18-05, 12:25 AM
I hope Nova hasnt disappeared into thin air. Havent heard form her or seen her. That is cool Tim . I am west of Cleveland. What a small world yeah.

timh
04-18-05, 03:43 PM
I work in the West 150th and 71 area, not too far from you Chris. Actually, I get up to Chipotle and Quizno's for lunch sometimes.

auntchris
04-19-05, 01:38 AM
oh i love Chipptle's it is awesome. I guess you arent that far from me . What a small world . What kind of work do you do Tim?

timh
04-19-05, 09:20 AM
I am a computer network analyst for a major finance company. Have you heard of Cisco Systems? I help engineer, implement and support the stuff that allows computers to communicate with each other.

It's really amazing when you think about it. I can communicate with and control a computer on the otherside of the world based only on electrical and optical signals. In real time too. Now that's fast.

I love my job. It's such a good feeling when someone presents you with an idea and you have to design and implement a solution to make that idea work. It's also very challenging, because of all of the different variables involved. For example, network/server/computer equipment configuration, optical/electrical wiring, telecom companies (MCI/AT&T), outside vendors, business software applications. Oh yea, the don't forget the political part too. ;) The list goes on, but when everything finally comes together and works, it's such a great feeling of accomplishment. :) Then you start all over again with something new. There is never dull moment. We always joke about not getting recognition, but when you think about it in the Information Technology world, "No news is good news." and you must be doing your job. Then when something breaks, well that's another story. We get a lot of recognition. Just not the "good" kind.

Thanks for asking about my job.

auntchris
04-19-05, 08:32 PM
tim I think I have heard of Cisco. I am still working on getting to know about computers. I got mine for school because my algerbra class was on the computer and the lecture. I still went to class but I really did a computer to write out my notes and practice quizzes and then the real quizzes.

Your job sound as if there is never a dull moment. Alway learning something new Heh?
That is how it is when you are in Education, Early Childhood Education, education is an always changing field. I have to get back into getting back in college. I have put myself on hold for too long taking care of a woman downstairs.

It is amasing how people can live so close to one another and never know it. I am really interested in this Ohio meeting that Nova has started. I jus twonder where she has been havent seen her for awhile. talk to later. Chris

Nova
04-19-05, 11:57 PM
I'm here!! I've had midterms, and papers these last few weeks, so I've been swamped.
Sorry, Chris, for not replying earlier!
I'm close to Brookpark, y'all. Access to I71, I480, and eventual access to I90, if the need be.
Nova

auntchris
04-20-05, 12:32 AM
I just wondered what happen to you Nova. I thought maybeyou were mad at me or something. Did you get my PMs?

heatman
04-20-05, 09:21 PM
I am also close to brookpark,being in brooklyn. 480,between 77 and 71.

heatman
04-24-05, 01:02 AM
Don't ya just love this weather?

leppardess
05-02-05, 04:07 PM
Just name the time & the place & I'll see if I can break away :D It would probably do me some good to get out & meet some fellow ADDers :D

I'm on the West Side of Cleveland in Brooklyn.

Nova
05-04-05, 12:08 AM
Ok- On this 'topic board' geeeeeeeeeeeeeeezzz- they should really consolidate the two!!!
There are
5-West side
1-SouthWest
1 East

Again- since I have a feeling it may just be 'us' for the initial stages of this party, I vote somewhere on the West side.
I'm not sure how far East Tim lives, but we can make it on the 'east side' of the West side, lol!
All in motion....?
Nova

auntchris
05-04-05, 01:01 AM
That sounds good Nova. Good to see ya Nova. Thought you feel off the end of the earth and the myth that the earth was flat became true.

ms_sunshine
05-04-05, 05:45 PM
Sorry it took me a while to respond. I somehow managed to miss the question! (ha ha)

I have no idea when I would be able to get to Cleveland. I work Mon-Friday til almost five pm, and the kids have activities a few nights a week. Starting in late July, the older two have football and cheerleading practice three and four nights a week. Some fall over the weekend days.

It's too difficult for me to project when I could manage a trip to the other side of the state. I guess you would have to post when it was going to be, and if I am able to make it, I will. I cannot do any kind of trip that wouldn't be a same-day thing, because that is just way out of my price range at this point.

:) Hope your planning goes well, and that everyone is enjoying good weather.

heatman
05-09-05, 12:02 AM
now that the`weather is better maybe we can have an outdoor meetup at a local park or recreation area. Nova why don't you pm me or I will pm you and we can set this in motion!
Leppardess ..welcome! believe it or not we are nieghbors of sort..lol I live in brooklyn also!!

leppardess
05-09-05, 10:46 AM
now that the`weather is better maybe we can have an outdoor meetup at a local park or recreation area. Nova why don't you pm me or I will pm you and we can set this in motion!
Leppardess ..welcome! believe it or not we are nieghbors of sort..lol I live in brooklyn also!!
Thanks heatman :D It's great to know that there's local people that are dealing with the same things that I am *hugs*

I think an outdoor meeting would be great :D the only weekend that I know of that I won't be able to make it is the weekend of May 20th... I'm going out of town that weekend. Outside of that, my schedule is fairly open :D

Nova
05-09-05, 08:58 PM
Hey Heat,
You can find me on yahoo, if you want- you have access to my messenger, via my posts, or profile.
Nova

Ian
05-13-05, 09:48 AM
Did you guys set a date yet?
Cheers! Ian.

heatman
05-14-05, 09:54 PM
Speaking of dates I was thinking of a Sat. or Sun in june.
I was thinking of an afternoon cookout atmoshere in a park.
Any thoughts?

mccoffee
05-15-05, 05:22 AM
I'm in the south west area of clevlend strongsville royalton area real close wouldn't mind metting ya 71 especilly tim since he is in the same area of work that i would be in after degree/certs so keep me updated.

Nova
06-12-05, 10:25 PM
Geez...Louise...this forum lost it's 'oomph'...When are we going to do this, y'all?
I'm going to give you a clue...I won't be able to make it after August, of this year...Give ya the details later..but trust me, it won't be an option, lol !!
So....Pick a Saturday afternoon...soon.
Nova

88ssp
07-16-05, 11:43 AM
I'm in the Youngstown area and would love to get a meeting going. I've been feeling the need to "mingle" with like people.

Imnapl
07-16-05, 11:45 AM
This thread is soooo ADHD. :D

auntchris
04-29-06, 06:34 PM
I think it would be quite an adventure to get all of us in Ohio together. I have been
reading the threads and there are quite alot of us in the Cleveland area or close. I wonder if i have met any of you and didnt even know it :p ;) :D

Koye2214
05-01-06, 03:15 AM
Hey all you Clevelanders....I know that it is just great that ya'll can get together but what about the rest of us??? Is there any central ohio adders out there? we don't even have a CHADD anymore because it stopped running in columbus, so we definatly need a support group here! PM me if you are interested and we can get something together!!!
Madi

ms_sunshine
05-01-06, 03:25 AM
I still don't live on that side of the state, but as I said previously...if you all post a date/time/location in advance (aw c'mon...it can be done) I will make every effort to show up for it.

My schedule is as nutty as ever, but I'm willing to make the effort for this thing.

We could be the first state to make it happen, you guys. :eyebrow:
No pressure. Okay, maybe a little pressure.

I can't do much to help organize this, because the majority of you live on the OTHER side of the state. If you want to have the thing near Dayton, I can look into some possibilities. LOL However, it would appear holding it near me would be inconvenient for the majority sooooooo (shrugs).

I'll be sure to check back on this thread in about six months to see what decision has been made (or not made...or whatever). LOL :faint:

chad31687
03-13-07, 07:18 AM
Yeah I live in wakeman....about 45 min. from cleveland, it seems we are all spread across oHIo :)

justhope
03-13-07, 09:43 PM
Hey Chad not far from Cleveland myself...:D about 10 mins...in Lakewood, western suburb...welcome! Enjoying the spring weather today?

heatman
03-28-07, 11:40 PM
Boy has it been a long time since I was helping try and get Clevelanders toether. I am still in Brooklyn Parma area. Any good Doctors in the area for diagnosis?
Steve

Nova
03-30-07, 05:10 PM
Hahahaha !

Yep !
It has been a long time, silly.

Such a long time- I'm no longer in Ohio.

LOL !

justhope
03-30-07, 05:51 PM
Boy has it been a long time since I was helping try and get Clevelanders toether. I am still in Brooklyn Parma area. Any good Doctors in the area for diagnosis?
Steve

Heatman...I work right down the street from there...in Brooklyn Heights..wow what a small world!

It depends on your insurance, although my doctor takes all kinds? He primarily treats kids but sees adults through Metro Mon/Tues/Thurs.
I got lucky because my oldest has ADD / BPD too, so we can go together at the Strongsville office.
If you want to PM me I can give some his info. He's a great doctor...

auntchris
06-11-07, 11:47 PM
Hey Hope who is the Dr. I got diagnose at Metro General.

chasesmom
07-26-07, 06:45 PM
I am jealous of all the members around cleveland! I am in Northwest Ohio....