View Full Version : How many ADDers here got their partners a Valentin's Day gift today?

Greengrasshoppe
02-14-14, 02:09 PM
Did they have to remind you first?

sarek
02-14-14, 02:18 PM
I've sent my LD gf a box of choccies. I want her to know she is always loved even if we're apart.

sarahsweets
02-14-14, 02:28 PM
I gave my husband a bag of almonds-no joke.

Fuzzy12
02-14-14, 02:29 PM
Thankfully both my husband and me regularly forget valentine's day. I did remember today morning and wished him and that's about it. We also regularly forget our wedding anniversary but since neither of us remembers, it's fine :D

I know, it sounds extremely unromantic but I'm glad. I don't think I could cope with more days of gift buying or thinking of something special to do...

daveddd
02-14-14, 03:19 PM
roses, a stuffed bear with a heart, balloon , and box of candy

no reminder!

Fraser_0762
02-14-14, 03:25 PM
Valentines day is overrated.

stef
02-14-14, 06:32 PM
we stopped celebrating it a few yrs ago!
husband asked me, where were his flowers since he did laundry and dishes? :)

RedHairedWitch
02-14-14, 07:57 PM
We don't do Valentine's Day, since our anniversary is a right after. But he went to Walmart for other things today and brought home a cheap box of chocolates. Maybe I'll buy him a case of beer tomorrow.

mctavish23
02-14-14, 08:25 PM
A Card, Chocolates, and a Book She's Been Wanting To Read. :)

Meanwhile, Moi Got A Valentines Card + Hockey Cards :yes:

u r welcome

:cool:

VeryTired
02-14-14, 08:59 PM
I am happy to report that my partner brought me roses. A nice surprise--in other years, he ignored the holiday and I baked him heart-shaped cakes and things like that. It meant a lot to me that he remembered--I couldn't care less about the holiday itself, but when someone who has trouble remembering and noticing stuff actually remembers and notices, it's very special.

Greengrasshoppe
02-14-14, 09:49 PM
I told SO I was upset he didnt get me a gift or say Happy Vday. He said he thought he did say it. So he just gave me 3 Lindor truffles and apologized repeatedly.

RedHairedWitch
02-14-14, 10:05 PM
I told SO I was upset he didnt get me a gift or say Happy Vday. He said he thought he did say it. So he just gave me 3 Lindor truffles and apologized repeatedly.

Awww. Well lindor at least

What did you get him?

Stevuke79
02-14-14, 10:10 PM
No. This is actually the first year I didn't.

Greengrasshoppe
02-14-14, 10:19 PM
RHW-

Well nothing... But I get him lots of stuff, just little things at random to show him I care and I'm thinking of him. I didnt today because I didnt want to look like the stupid one who got her SO a gift when he didnt get me one.

TLCisaQT
02-14-14, 10:54 PM
I am happy to report that my partner brought me roses. A nice surprise--in other years, he ignored the holiday and I baked him heart-shaped cakes and things like that. It meant a lot to me that he remembered--I couldn't care less about the holiday itself, but when someone who has trouble remembering and noticing stuff actually remembers and notices, it's very special.

Wow VeryTired, I'd say that is AWESOME and a sweet surprise :) I'm glad since I know you deserve it!

VeryTired
02-15-14, 10:51 AM
Thanks, TLC, that's so nice of you to say!

I know this is a light-hearted Valentine's Day thread, but since lots of you have previously heard my sometimes very anguished concerns about my partner in other contexts, let me just go on now to say another really great thing he has done this week. It's been a time of sudden big progress for him. I want to celebrate the accomplishments.

His 27-year old son came to us with some really serious life problems (too complicated to get into here), and my partner immediately stepped up to do some really high-quality successful parenting to help his son deal with the problems. No hesitations, no panic, no guilt explosions, no loss of focus. Just really successful, reliable, effective fatherly support. In the past, things didn't always work out that way between them, so this is huge.

I loved getting my roses and that was an unexpected nice thing, but in the total picture of things, holiday flowers are small, and successful parenting is huge. Here's hoping we are all having plenty of good days where we can give and receive appreciation of our partners ...

Shurl102
02-15-14, 11:55 AM
I got my hubby a new sweater, strawberry heart-shaped peeps, and an Oreo cookies and cream cake, his favorite.

Unmanagable
02-15-14, 12:21 PM
I made some damn tasty dark chocolate candy w/ toasted coconut, made a re-purposed miniature card from old business cards and hid it in his jeans pocket, and made a pot of home made soup. <3

He gave me a sentimental, yet hilarious card, a pot of gorgeous red tulips I can transplant, and even more of his loving acceptance of my never-ending weirdness. <3

execfunc
02-15-14, 04:11 PM
I get my girl a dozen roses every year without fail. ProFlowers dropped the ball this year, never even processing the order and not letting me know. I raised Cain with them and got a full refund along with (late) delivery of the flowers.

This is one of the few things in my life that I never, ever forget. With most things I need to remember in life, it will occur to me at an odd moment, I'll mentally note that I need to commit it to memory, and I'll often try repeating it a few times in an attempt to push it along into longterm memory. Then I forget it. With Valentine's Day roses, I usually think of it at some point in the second half of January, and no matter what I'm doing, I stop, and write it down somewhere I will see it and not lose it. Then, first chance I get, I get online and put the order in. Done.

After all the crap my girl puts up with from me all year, this is important for me to remember. (Same thing goes for her birthday.)

kiraffe
02-16-14, 03:53 AM
ha, no way, he doesn't even get me xmas presents or birthday presents except sometimes I might get one months later. I don't mind too much though

Mittens
02-17-14, 05:34 AM
I'm the non-add partner, but my bf got me 6 roses, and more importantly a really honest, amazing, 4 hour conversation with a coffee in my car.
The strength and courage it took to have that conversation was the most incredible gift I could of asked for. He was very open, honest, receptive and constructive.
Did it solve the world's problems?
No.
Was it very promising and hopefully a great step in the right direction for him, myself, and us?
Absolutely.