View Full Version : Things you appreciate about your ADD/ADHD partner

Hypoxia
02-17-14, 12:56 AM
Could be about the special flavours of ADD lurve, or just things unique to your partner, or both, since I guess those aren't always easy to separate.

What are some things you appreciate about your ADD/ADHD partner?

Mittens
02-17-14, 05:28 AM
I appreciate his spontaneity.
I appreciate his passion about things.
I appreciate his integrity.
I appreciate his ability to be light hearted and remind me to not take life so seriously.
He also looks killer in a suit - but I don't think that's because of or a result of his add :P

sarahsweets
02-17-14, 06:34 AM
His big penis.;)

TLCisaQT
02-17-14, 03:48 PM
*His intelligence - he is very smart and I can ask him a question about random stuff and chances are - he will know the answer :)
*I really do trust him physically with my life -if there is ever a safety threat, I will shut up and follow him and it's our best chance of survival!
*His spirituality and deep down commitment to our religious beliefs
*His true nature is very caring and committed and he loves his family.
*He can be assertive and knows the right words to say in situations that require it.

Those are just a few.

WheresMyMind
02-17-14, 04:37 PM
I"m the one with ADD. What my sweetie says about me:

- She loves the fact that I am so enthused about engaging with people
- I'm not pushy
- "I had no idea a man could be such a gentle lover"
- I'm creative
- I take responsibility for my own health (diet and exercise)

On the other hand, none of that is ADD-related. The stuff that does appear like ADD...she's not too keen on those things.

Mittens
02-17-14, 05:12 PM
His big penis.;)

LMAO!!!
Seriously, I can't stop laughing.

You're awesome, lol

kiraffe
02-18-14, 10:49 PM
He's adventurous & spontaneous.
He has good taste in literature.
He's not materialistic.
He's funny & playful & great with kids.
He's clever at inventing and making stuff.
He's honest & kind.

BrokenDreams
02-21-14, 12:05 AM
He thinks outside the box.
He is adventurous and yet cautious.
He is very helpful when fixing my car or my computer.
He is very clever and if he does not know the answer he will use 'The Google' to find the answer.
He is resourceful.
He is better with money than I am.

janiew
02-21-14, 01:37 AM
I'm the ADHD person. My husband says he only wants to be with me, his ADHD/OCD wife, who he helped diagnose. He says he never wants to date again or be with another woman.

He is 43 and I am 48. He is one of the coolest and most masculine men I've known in my life. We have been married two years and wish we'd met earlier in life.

On some level, he might think life without me would be boring. And I try make his life better and I love him with all my heart.

And I do try to spare him too much drama...

FroGpants
03-27-14, 04:30 PM
*His intelligence - he is very smart and I can ask him a question about random stuff and chances are - he will know the answer :)
*I really do trust him physically with my life -if there is ever a safety threat, I will shut up and follow him and it's our best chance of survival!
*His spirituality and deep down commitment to our religious beliefs
*His true nature is very caring and committed and he loves his family.
*He can be assertive and knows the right words to say in situations that require it.

Those are just a few.

Oh my GAWD I could have written this!!

And I'LL add...
Mine loves me enough that he takes it seriously when I tell him how his behavior affects me (like his anger outbursts) and he takes pride in doing better to be careful about it

Everything is always about 'us' or 'me'. It's rarely ever just about him. He's thoughtful in ways I never knew possible.

He tells me every day that I'm beautiful.

He texts me throughout the day, sends me pics of what he's doing at work, tells me he loves me and asks me how my day is.

He gives me a big hug every day when he gets home from work. He expects it and says he always misses me when he's at work.

Almost 10 years together and he says it doesn't feel anywhere near that long :)

I am a seriously lucky girl :) but hey, I was a battered wife before so I consider this the universe's way of saying I'm sorry ;)

Greengrasshoppe
03-27-14, 08:39 PM
-He has a quirky sense of humor.
-He's multidimensional, has many interests, can discuss many things, knows many things. There's more than meets the eye with him
-He's smart.
-He's patient and forgiving.

YesOCD
03-29-14, 10:07 AM
I love how he's so open minded... fears so little. Always up for a good time/an adventure. The way he pushes me to be more than what I am because there's no boundaries in his eyes. The fact that he can simply sit back and relax... which is something I really can't seem to do. But he helps me. I love him so much... although he drives me bonkers sometimes haha

SunriseD
03-31-14, 05:15 PM
-He puts up with my own disorganization because he knows his is WAY worse! ;)
-How playful he is with our kids (even though I'm annoyed by this when it's happening at 8pm and they are supposed to be going to bed in ten minutes)
-His "anything is possible" attitude. He has pulled off some amazing large-scale events and surprises because he is incapable of thinking small. He makes me believe in big dreams.
-The fact that, when I lose my cool and snap at him for something, he's forgotten about it ten minutes later. (Ok, this isn't always a great thing, since he's also forgotten the thing I snapped about and thus, nothing changes! - but still, at least he holds no grudge at me for my loss of temper.)