doiadhd
02-21-14, 12:58 AM
or the centre of attention
gives us anxiety. .

now i,m confused

your original post made perfect sense,
till i started writing. .

or the anxiety is seen by others,sometimes
felt by others,thus making us centre of attention.

or we are for whatever reason centre of attention,
which makes us anxious,then we blame the anxiety

either of the above,its sh te

fracturedstory
02-21-14, 01:37 AM
Usually that would hurt my head but I'm not even gonna try to understand it. I'm pretty sure it goes both ways.

janiew
02-21-14, 01:48 AM
Sounds like you are experiencing social anxiety. More so than other types of anxiety.

For me, anxiety is a keyed up feeling within my body and consciousness. It is physical and shows in my tics My anxiety can be related to social anxiety, but really it's more internal vs. external. It is a keyed up way of feeling that has been helped with meds.

In my younger years, before I became self sufficient, I experienced more social anxiety. Now that I feel pretty proficient in life, it remains more physical - as it always has been.

Make sense?

fracturedstory
02-21-14, 07:43 PM
Sounds like you are experiencing social anxiety. More so than other types of anxiety.

Don't take this this wrong way but can you please not tell me what you think I have?

I'm well aware I have social anxiety but I also have generalized anxiety. Someone who feels the urge to cut, burn and choke themselves over their routine disrupted and having people not just insist they give money to them but take their bank card, say they will return it straight away but don't, is feeling a little bit more than social anxiety. It's more an issue of feeling safe and secure as well.

Don't think you know everything about me. And please don't offer a solution to what I just mentioned. I'm quite capable of working it out on my own.

I never asked a question in this thread and yes I'm in one of my depressive moods again. It's not just you but everyone who thinks they know what's going on in my head. If I don't ask for advice then don't tell me.

TurtleBrain
02-23-14, 03:10 PM
Don't take this this wrong way but can you please not tell me what you think I have?

When I read janiew's, I was thinking of a similar response to what you said... ;)
I was thinking "Thinking for other people doesn't really help with anxiety, in fact I know it can make it worse".

For me, anxiety can make me seem oblivious of other people because my eyes wander away everywhere else except at people because I'm afraid that I might stare at someone and make them say "what are you staring at?". Ironically, I'll also worry that people will notice that I'm avoiding them. When I'm standing on a line or waiting for something in general, I get bored, so my eyes have to stare at something, so starting at inanimate objects [which aren't on a person] just seems like the best option. For example, I'll stare at ceiling tiles and even count them.

Spacemaster
02-23-14, 09:59 PM
I wish I knew what triggers the anxiety, particularly the "everyone is staring at me" kind. Some days are just fine, and I feel shockingly gregarious. Other days, it's like everyone is looking at me as though I had underpants on my head.

Sometimes it gets so that I actually ask a person if there's something off about me that day.

One day I tried walking the cat, against my better judgement. Oddly enough I didn't give a crap what anyone thought, the cat included. I mean, why the h*** couldn't you walk a cat? I've seen it done.

avjgirsijdhtjhs
02-23-14, 11:30 PM
I wish I knew what triggers the anxiety, particularly the "everyone is staring at me" kind. Some days are just fine, and I feel shockingly gregarious. Other days, it's like everyone is looking at me as though I had underpants on my head.

Sometimes it gets so that I actually ask a person if there's something off about me that day.

All of that sounds like thoughts\feelings (and an action) that lots of people would think and do if salience was a little high.

If these thoughts occur when you're on a substantial amount of anything(s) that "up" dopamine, and you're also feeling more motivated and enthusiastic about things at the time, then that's it. The more salient everything is (the more stuff stands out and seems important), the more people tend to think paranoid delusional thoughts to rationalize the excessive meaning that things seem to have.

avjgirsijdhtjhs
02-26-14, 06:14 PM
I read some more about this stuff in the last few days. Anyway, this stuff is called ideas of reference or (when taken further) delusions of reference. Quoting Wikipedia:

'Ideas of reference must be distinguished from delusions of reference, which may be similar in content but are held with greater conviction'.<sup id="cite_ref-11" class="reference">[11] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ideas_of_reference_and_delusions_of_reference#cite _note-11)</sup> With the former, but not the latter, the person holding them may have 'the feeling that strangers are talking about him/her, but if challenged, acknowledges that the people may be talking about something else'.<sup id="cite_ref-12" class="reference">[12] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ideas_of_reference_and_delusions_of_reference#cite _note-12)</sup>

doiadhd
02-28-14, 01:10 AM
yeah,prob not. . .if adhd
trust me,they are talking bout you!

that's when you go to the docs etc

yea,that goes down well,then they start talking bout
ya

then were left by ourselves,and we want them
to stop,so we either hide away or come out n play

i,m gonna do both,cos i can,and i will.

Nibs91
04-03-14, 08:09 PM
Being on a stage 24/7 is exhausting. Anything I do, anywhere I go I find myself with a giant spot light over my head and a microphone near my mouth. "Anything you say can and will be used against you by the court of law blah blah blah" repeat/repeat/repeat.

I can't leave the house wearing sweats and a tee shirt; it has to be jeans or dressier.

Hair must be crisp and my beard trimmed.

I can't wear a jacket or a hoodie unless I have it zipped; unzipped just draws too much attention.

Every stop-light is an overwhelming panic attack.

I can't stand outside of my car while I'm filling gas; the whole block is watching me and waiting to watch my pump explode.

I can't text too much at a grocery store or other public place; everyone will think I'm one of those brainwashed airheads of this generation.

I gotta have my order scripted and memorized at any fast food place or restaurant; the workers will think I'm slow otherwise.

I can go on.....