View Full Version : Cracking knuckles and other things

Gilthranon
02-28-14, 12:37 PM
Heyy I will never forgive myself at my fifteenth asking my friend how he cracked his knuckles - he taught me and I still do it (along with elbows, knees, hands, fingers).
Oh and I can't handle mirrors, removed all of them because I keep obsessing ^^
So, perhaps I don't smoke, drink or do drugs (done and dead) but I do this : now before anyone telling me how bad this is, it's not that bad. It's merely emptying the air between articulations that enters during movement and normally leaves doing sports. And I'm not that sporty...

Any weird addictions ?

stef
02-28-14, 02:54 PM
fixing hair so it has volume
twisting/ bending fingers ( cant crack knuckles but im double jointed)

Fuzzy12
02-28-14, 03:46 PM
I crack my knuckles (and everything else) though notq as much as I used to. It s relaxing and I haven't yet found any evidence that it's unhealthy ( if anyone has, ley me know please!!) . b people seem to find it discussing. I'm not sure why but maybe the sound troubles them like nails scratching a blackboard troubles me.

I've got lots of bad habits. Most of them are soothing but not very healthy.

stef
02-28-14, 03:56 PM
hey, hi fuzzy!!!

agirlandherdogs
02-28-14, 04:01 PM
about the only joints I crack are the only joints I DON'T have degenerative arthritis in

Fuzzy12
02-28-14, 08:41 PM
HI stef...:grouphug:

DichotOhMy
03-01-14, 09:43 PM
Seriously? This is the compensation measure that keep you from using?

For what it worth, I also compulsively crack my joints. Knuckles, toes, ankles, hips, lower back, shoulders, and neck. Somehow, cracking the neck is especially satisfying.

Rebelyell
03-02-14, 12:40 AM
I crack *** once in awhile as well:D

Twiggy
03-02-14, 03:45 AM
For what it worth, I also compulsively crack my joints. Knuckles, toes, ankles, hips, lower back, shoulders, and neck. Somehow, cracking the neck is especially satisfying.

I do the same. Compulsive cracking of anything that can crack every few seconds or minutes.

Its kinda like i have to do it to to feel a little more comfortable, but if i dont crack anything i feel like having an itch that needs to be scratched really badly.

Gilthranon
03-06-14, 04:11 AM
Heyyyy fuzz !

Pentax
07-06-14, 10:39 PM
Old thread.

Well, for whatever it's worth, a yoga instructor told me that that pop when you crack joints is OK.

Conman
07-31-14, 12:28 AM
used to crack my knuckles all the time, it stopped.

crack my neck at least once a day. i dont know if nail biting and lip biting would be put here or not cuz theyre compulsive vs addicting