View Full Version : The clouds are lifting

Fuzzy12
03-05-14, 04:22 AM
You know, when after days of grey cloudiness, there is finally a break in the clouds and the sun shines through it? I've always loved that. It's almost more beautiful than a blue, cloudless sky...

The last few weeks have been quite a nightmare. I went a bit insane. Couldn't think straight. I wasn't just depressed but hurting non-stop. Emotional dysregulation was at an all time high and I caused a considerable amount of damage. In spite of the meds I've hardly been able to do any work (except for last week when I had to because some nasty deadlines caught up with me). I've been acting quite crazy on here as well. I'm sorry about that.... :o

This week, I'm suddenly feeling better again. Saner. Maybe I'm finally getting a handle on dosing my stimulants. I don't think they exclusively caused the insanity but the mood swings didn't help. I've realised that I need to redose fairly regularly and fairly quickly so that I don't crash. If I leave it for longer than 4h I struggle to recover from the crash. I'm also trying to eat more regularly and that helps as well. I've started taking my supplements regularly (omega 3, vit D and a vit B complex) and maybe that's helping as well. Also, it isn't raining anymore non-stop.

I don't know if this is just a short, temporary reprieve or if I'm really making my way out of the darkness. I know that the depression is always lurking around the corner. For now, I'm happy with any light I can see. And it feels so good to finally feel a little bit of clarity and sanity again.

:grouphug:

GeordieDave
03-05-14, 05:14 AM
Glad things are picking up Fuz :)

stef
03-05-14, 05:17 AM
So happy to read this!!! :grouphug:

Lunacie
03-05-14, 11:02 AM
Taking your meds on time or just a bit early makes sense to me.

I've read the same thing about pain meds, that if a dose is given before the first dose wears off completely,

it doesn't take as much medication overall because it's not fighting the pain anew each time, it's continuing to manage it.

Daydreamin22
03-05-14, 09:13 PM
Fuzzy, same thing. It sucks to deal with.

I do know for sure that the similar threads simply will not help in this case.

Stevuke79
03-08-14, 12:54 AM
Fuzzy, that's awesome to read! I'm so happy to hear you sound so much better.

And you never sound crazy on here!! ..or at least you fit right in, so no apologizing. :)

((Hug))