View Full Version : Psychogenic seizures

fracturedstory
03-06-14, 01:00 AM
Is when no physical cause of the seizure can be found. I'm pretty sure it's what I have or what I will one day be misdiagnosed with.

Throughout the weeks I've been going through a lot of intense anxiety which was horrible a few days ago when I threatened to self-harm myself when my sister's friend committed suicide. Not because of but because I had been going through a lot of anxiety already and my sister triggered more anxiety by keeping me up at night and then eating my food and then yelling at me about starving the cat which I wasn't doing.
Then when the self-harm thing was bought up I was told I was being selfish. I probably was but when you've got anxiety, depression, bipolar, autism and ADHD and you're friend only just decided to not hate you, your mind is far too preoccupied to think about others.

It kind of makes sense that I've been hallucinating, experiencing heightened sensory sensitivity and now having olfactory and tactile hallucinations, muscle weakness and a few jerks here and there, as well as very slow movements when walking.

I still haven't had the full seizure yet.

I'm also considering I may be borderline because of the apparent manipulative nature of my self-harm threats. Was really just so desperate for help. I ended up insulting my sister so much she told me to go to a doctor myself. Well, if I could I would.

The next day my mother told her I was selfish and didn't think of others.

I guess I really just wanted to talk about it.

Then again my friend could be right and it could just be a migraine. I feel too tingly to have a migraine. Migraines are sharp stinging pains.

Lunacie
03-06-14, 01:16 AM
Classic migraines are sharp shooting pain. Or throbbing pain. With visual aura.

About 25 % of all migraines are classic.

Mine sometimes involve tingling all over my head, or a band that's really tight around my head, or pain in my sinus cavities.

My daughter and I both have olfactory aura (smelling things that aren't there).

Neither of us experience the classic symptom of nausea and vomiting.

Clearly we don't have classic migraines. We have non-classic migraines.

You may or may not be having migraines.

You may or may not be having migralepsy (combination of migraine and seizures).

Whatever is happening, it is very real and you have my sympathy.

daveddd
03-06-14, 01:25 AM
Is when no physical cause of the seizure can be found. I'm pretty sure it's what I have or what I will one day be misdiagnosed with.

Throughout the weeks I've been going through a lot of intense anxiety which was horrible a few days ago when I threatened to self-harm myself when my sister's friend committed suicide. Not because of but because I had been going through a lot of anxiety already and my sister triggered more anxiety by keeping me up at night and then eating my food and then yelling at me about starving the cat which I wasn't doing.
Then when the self-harm thing was bought up I was told I was being selfish. I probably was but when you've got anxiety, depression, bipolar, autism and ADHD and you're friend only just decided to not hate you, your mind is far too preoccupied to think about others.

It kind of makes sense that I've been hallucinating, experiencing heightened sensory sensitivity and now having olfactory and tactile hallucinations, muscle weakness and a few jerks here and there, as well as very slow movements when walking.

I still haven't had the full seizure yet.

I'm also considering I may be borderline because of the apparent manipulative nature of my self-harm threats. Was really just so desperate for help. I ended up insulting my sister so much she told me to go to a doctor myself. Well, if I could I would.

The next day my mother told her I was selfish and didn't think of others.

I guess I really just wanted to talk about it.

Then again my friend could be right and it could just be a migraine. I feel too tingly to have a migraine. Migraines are sharp stinging pains.

this may sound weird, and its probably not the case

I've experienced something very similar

depersonalization/derealization type escape from a bad mixed episode

all the same stuff, pretty much exactly

i never had a seizure though

the jerks ended up being a type of discharge of the severe physiological distress the negative episode created

it took me a long time to make that connection through mindfulness though, because of alexthymia

fracturedstory
03-06-14, 01:28 AM
Whatever is happening, it is very real and you have my sympathy.
Thanks. I thinks it's an allergic reaction to cat flea medicine.
It's not like I've never had a seizure before. I've had no convulsions today though.
I should count myself lucky. My dog almost died from a seizure when he was given two types of flea control meds.
We both usually do have seizures.

Lunacie
03-06-14, 01:04 PM
Thanks. I thinks it's an allergic reaction to cat flea medicine.
It's not like I've never had a seizure before. I've had no convulsions today though.
I should count myself lucky. My dog almost died from a seizure when he was given two types of flea control meds.
We both usually do have seizures.

Chemical Exposure Illness. It's real too. I used to know someone who had severe

hallucinations when exposed to some chemicals.

Some of that flea stuff is pretty toxic. It caused heart problems in one dog we had.

Now we only use the stuff we can get from the vet ... Frontline or similar.