View Full Version : Strattera working for anyone better than Ritalin/Concerta

Rooflando
03-07-14, 04:38 AM
I am very despaired, because i am a student at university and over 1,5 unsuccessful years i always rised the dosage of methylphenidat and it always was a improvement. My doctor did no dosagefinding.
Then i reached 40mg in the morning and 40 mg later.
Only with that i could stay over a book and had no differing thoughts while that.

Now i have to find a medicine which gives me that effect.

Could Strattera give me that? Is there anyone who took so mich methylphenidat and got big success from Strattera?

someothertime
03-08-14, 10:07 AM
You want to know if you'll get a similar response on Strattera?

There is no way to know... in general Strattera gives a more "core" rather than "cognitive" response... it's easier to be consistent with taking... and at least for the first few months... you response will be more "even" throughout the day...

Truth be told though... nobody can tell you what it will do to you... they can only share if they moved to it and whether they benefited from it.

Mitrovah
03-18-14, 11:50 PM
[QUOTE=someothertime;1624875]You want to know if you'll get a similar response on Strattera?

There is no way to know... in general Strattera gives a more "core" rather than "cognitive" response... it's easier to be consistent with taking... and at least for the first few months... you response will be more "even" throughout the day...

What do you mean by "core" response?

someothertime
03-19-14, 03:44 AM
I guess stims really present in the mind... Strattera is more "even" ir smooth throughout a day and less mindy

Rooflando
03-19-14, 01:04 PM
I think my ADD is because dopamine cant be deliver to my frontal cortex, like a road damage, but not that I got too many dopamine transporters in the stratium.
Because of that MPH works that weak, but coffein well.

And this ADD must be treated with norepinephrine. I am also certain about that because 1. I got an extrem reduced concentration after I got onces benzodiazepines(benzodiazepines block norepinephrine supply to the FC) and 2. SSRI blocks completly the MPH.