View Full Version : Strattera Day 1

thecloak
03-08-14, 10:38 PM
Ok, going to write a little journal - please feel free to comment or make suggestions..

I'm switching from Vyvanse 20MG to Strattera 25MG, my body is very sensitive.. I was having problems sleeping on the vyvanse.. took the first strattera 25MG dose this morning..after a few hours. I tried Strattera once before but i felt crazy after the first few days.. I've been told my body needs to get use to it, but how severe does one let their side affects get until they quit?

Day 1:

- feeling very achy
- increased appetite (compared to vyvanse)
- not very motivated
- I took a nap during the day, first time in a long time.. while napping saw lots of colors and sparks (?)
- i feel like i have the flu..

- xo see you tomorrow.

BellaVita
03-08-14, 10:56 PM
That doesn't sound too lovely.

agirlandherdogs
03-08-14, 11:04 PM
I tried Strattera...because of having to be a compliant patient after having a cardiac issue with Adderall XR I had to give it 4 weeks, so I could say I gave it a "good trial". I felt like you, tired, lazy, napped all day. It never changed. I hope it gets better for you. I'm back on Adderall IR

GeordieDave
03-09-14, 02:53 AM
Apparently It takes a decent 2 weeks until strattera builds up in your system and will start having an effect. I've been on them for 2 months and personally it's done nothing for me. I'm swapping to adderall soon.

thecloak
03-09-14, 04:23 PM
Day #2

- hungry even though i just ate..
- I tried my best to stay awake but couldn't do it.. should i be taking this stuff before bed?
- hot and cold... currently SO cold..
- bones are aching..
- don't feel very motivated right now..
- my muscles are very sore as well

---------

This is going to be really hard in these upcoming next days of class..

Two89w
03-10-14, 04:23 AM
From my experience it will take 4 weeks to get a very good idea on how it will work for you.

thecloak
03-10-14, 10:13 AM
four weeks of feeling like this? That's cray cray

thecloak
03-10-14, 09:53 PM
Day #3

- hungry hungry hippo
- achy but less so..
- lack of motivation
- feeling a bit sad ... hehe
- all of a sudden out of nowhere, i get super sleepy...

Impetus
03-11-14, 05:22 AM
For me, some of the sleepiness abated after about a week. But I do still have a couple of periods of sleepiness throughout the day. I've been on strattera for about a month.

thecloak
03-12-14, 06:59 AM
Day #4

Feeling better!

wooohoo

I'm still achy / unmotivated

but.. I'm having conversation with friends, don't feel like the world is going to implode and can read books.. I'm also.. hanging out / hanging around..

ps. I've been putting my hands in my pockets (like i have nothing to do!)

I hope that I am not celebrating too early..

x

thecloak
03-12-14, 07:37 PM
Day #5

Less of all of the above...

I'm going to update this when something relevant happens (like sexual dysfunction or something.. bad joke)

See you soon!