View Full Version : ADD-I, Vyvanse,Adderal weight loss, OCD symptoms

Wait-what?
03-13-14, 11:28 PM
My doc and I have been trying to figure out the best cocktail to manage my ADD. I started with Vyvanse 50mg, it helped with anxiety that I never knew that I had. My work day went smoother but I still couldn't manage my work load at home. Still couldn't plan, and takes too long to get things done. Also, I start obsessing on activities like starting a project and cant stop! Literally working through the night. We decide that I probably start obsessing when the meds are wearing off so doc adds 10 mg Adderal to take when Vyvanse goes down. Works ok for a while wears off by 8ish and I run out of juice and cannot function. Try to start projects and hyper-obsess again. Now, doc ups Vyvanse to 60 mg + 10 mg adderall. Don't see much change. It seems to help move me through moments but does not really help with executive functions like planning and organizing for future activities . Also seems to have given me OCD symptoms.Good news is Ive lost weight and I love my new body. Bad news (its probably due to malnutrition) and I dont want to tell doc. I thought that I would finally be able to multi-task and get things done in a timely matter but still can't. Why wont this work?

AdamLL
03-18-14, 11:29 AM
I am not sure when you started with your medications. I can tell you however that it can be a long process finding the right medication and dosage.
Depression and anxiety can be part of things that happen to us.
For anxiety deep breathing exercises, count backwards from 100 by 3. Find things that take your mind off the anxiety. The trick on that is to take control of the anxiety before it controls you. Staying away from sugars and fish oils will also help.
You really need to talk to him about the weightless. It's not good if it keeps going as you already know.
Here is a list of some of the other common meds. I know there are more and you can just search the site if you would like. I use it a lot for side effects. http://www.pharmacydrugguide.com/Category:ADHD_Medications
Also you will see some stuff on samples and coupons. Make sure you ask about those things to help cut costs. I have thrown out many medications because they weren't working.

psychological1
03-18-14, 11:38 AM
Adam is correct. You should really begin with maintaining a balanced diet, and it will improve the other symptoms you're having tremendously (ie sluggishness, exec function...). As a fellow Vyvanse user, I understand how difficult it is to remember to eat a healthy diet. In the first month of treatment, I lost 10 pounds, which, for a skinny guy, is kind of significant. I have started to concentrate on increasing my intake, and it has helped with many aspects of treatment.