View Full Version : Spirituality and change

sarek
03-23-14, 07:37 AM
I have been a fanatic practitioner of spirituality for about 9 months now and beginning to see the first tiny indications of structural change.

For the first fifty years of my life I've been defining myself by and been imprisoned by my labels. ADD, aspie traits, INFP, 9w1 5w4 2w1 sp/sx/so and so forth. They defined who i was. They defined what i could not be.

Spirituality has changed all that. Instead of allowing my labels to limit me, they are rapidly becoming red flags that tell me in which areas of me work remains to be done. Its a frightening prospect, but the time of meekly sitting and accepting the old me has to come to an end.

The one thing with making changes though, is finding the right challenges. Making it too big is a recipe for failure. If you desire to change, be sure to pick those challenges that are small enough.

meadd823
03-23-14, 02:45 PM
congratulations. . . . wish I had more to say but at this point I having nothing to add - probably because I am trying to post with cat butt in my way - Must be time to feed the cats :)

SB_UK
03-23-14, 03:23 PM
Half of our lives recruiting labels, and then the rest ditching them.

He marched them up to the top of the hill, and he marched them down again.

sarek
03-29-14, 12:25 PM
Half of our lives recruiting labels, and then the rest ditching them.

He marched them up to the top of the hill, and he marched them down again.

You are touching on a primary issue in this world we've built ourselves. We have to undo years of programming which shouldnt have to be there in the first place if it had not been installed in us from the first moment after we were born.