View Full Version : What's going on here?

BellaVita
03-23-14, 12:36 PM
So, I'm off all of my meds. Quit Lexapro and Trazodone because I think it was triggering episodes. Adderall and Kloni I'm out of, due to me still searching for a psychiatrist.

Okay, like I can't sleep.

Lately, I've been getting maybe 1-3 hours most nights sometimes I do end up sleeping more like 6 hours maybe 7.

I'm. Anxious. All. The time.

Paranoid whenever I hear people talking.

And my energy has gone through the roof it is uncontrollable I'm moving CONSTANTLY

Thinking constantly

Can't stop

And my sex drive has gone through the roof and very very impulsive and I know I'm getting out of control...I'm not how I was when on meds at all....I wonder if it's lack of sleep doing this though because THIS ISN'T HOW I AM OFF MEDS

I keep making poor choices and it's like I can't even tell I'm doing anything wrong and oh, if you haven't noticed, I've been talking a lot recently....

Could this be a mild hypomania??? Or is it just really bad ADHD?????? I don't have time for an episode right now!!!!!!!

BellaVita
03-23-14, 12:54 PM
I really need insight guys :(

I really don't know what's going on with me but I'm afraid I could ruin my life

Fuzzy12
03-23-14, 12:59 PM
Difficult to say. I guess it might be a combination of all factors, unmedicated adhd, the lack of klonopin, possibly hypomania or mixed and lack of sleep never helps anything.

I've had the strange experience that whenever I either quit or taper down anti depressants I became hypomanic. It's an uncommon but listed discontinuation symptom.

I know it's difficult but maybe if at all possible try tnot to stress if you are having an episode or not. Stress will only make it worse.

Also could it be pms? That's when my anxiety is usually through the roof and continuous.

stef
03-23-14, 01:03 PM
is there some kind of a hotline you could call...?
i can't think of anything :grouphug:

BellaVita
03-23-14, 01:08 PM
Difficult to say. I guess it might be a combination of all factors, unmedicated adhd, the lack of klonopin, possibly hypomania or mixed and lack of sleep never helps anything.

I've had the strange experience that whenever I either quit or taper down anti depressants I became hypomanic. It's an uncommon but listed discontinuation symptom.

I know it's difficult but maybe if at all possible try tnot to stress if you are having an episode or not. Stress will only make it worse.

Also could it be pms? That's when my anxiety is usually through the roof and continuous.

Thank you so much for answering Fuzzy.

I didn't think of that, that hypomania could be due to med discontinuation.

Thanks. I do stress because it's like just now hitting me this weird recent behavior of me could be due to bipolar and then I get the fear I'll spin out of control

I'm the type of person that always needs to know what's going on with my body. I feel crazy if I don't know. I also act crazier if I'm not aware.

Also, the place I'm staying...well, last year I had a very bad mixed episode that ruined LOTS of things for me, still affects how people view me and treat me here to this day. So, being aware that I'm having an episode makes me go "okay time to lock myself in room/go for hikes by myself/don't be around others in general" because I tend to say and do a lot of things I regret when I'm out of control....

And I feel that way right now. Ugh! I don't know how I didn't see it coming!

Or how could I not have noticed I was increasingly acting weirder!

It sneaks up on a person!

Well, that's if it *is* hypomania or like you said possibly mixed so idk.....

Oh, no I don't think it's time for PMS yet.

BellaVita
03-23-14, 01:09 PM
is there some kind of a hotline you could call...?
i can't think of anything :grouphug:

Thanks stef. :grouphug:

I'm not sure. That's a good thought though. Hmmmm.

Abi
03-23-14, 01:22 PM
Amphetamine and Benzo withdrawal, combined with the underlying conditions (ADHD, Bipolar, Anxiety, Sleep Disorder) that those meds were controlling.

:grouphug:

Love you CC. Hope you find a PDoc soon. :grouphug:

Abi
03-23-14, 01:27 PM
I know u are in a financial mess, but can you afford to see a GP? The nice PDoc from FL could fax him your Dx and Rx. You could go for Adderall IR instead of XR and a generic of Klonopin or other cheap long acting benzo - generic Ativan is significantly cheaper here than Kloni, may be its the same there in the States.

THe Lex and Traz are clearly optional and can be left out for now

BellaVita
03-23-14, 01:30 PM
Amphetamine and Benzo withdrawal, combined with the underlying conditions (ADHD, Bipolar, Anxiety, Sleep Disorder) that those meds were controlling.

Love you CC. Hope you find a PDoc soon. :grouphug:

Thanks Abi :grouphug:

I hope I do I just keep getting distracted when I should be calling around

BellaVita
03-23-14, 01:39 PM
I know u are in a financial mess, but can you afford to see a GP? The nice PDoc from FL could fax him your Dx and Rx. You could go for Adderall IR instead of XR and a generic of Klonopin or other cheap long acting benzo - generic Ativan is significantly cheaper here than Kloni, may be its the same there in the States.

THe Lex and Traz are clearly optional and can be left out for now

Thanks for this!

I'm not sure, I actually thought about that but wasn't too sure about it.

That actually sounds like a great idea.

I have a little over $300 I wonder how much that would cover in regards to doctor/pdoc and meds....like it would *seriously* suck if I only had enough for the appointment..well wait, I think my insurance should cover it (except for urine samples) but yeah the meds will be costly as we haven't hit our deductible.

I do take Adderall IR.(never tried XR) Great idea about Ativan.

Fuzzy12
03-23-14, 01:45 PM
I like abi s idea of calling a gp. Is that a possibility?

I also hate not knowing what's going on with me, where I'm heading or when this feeling is going to end. It sucks and it's scary. I'm not sure c if you've got this problem but I struggle to think straight in these s episodes and just end up freaking myself out more.

Maybe going hiking is a good idea. Something soothing.

I'm sorry that the people you are staying with are so judgmental and non supportive. Is it important what they think? I mean are you dependent on them in any way. Otherwise I sits try to not worry too much about them.

BellaVita
03-23-14, 02:30 PM
I like abi s idea of calling a gp. Is that a possibility?

I also hate not knowing what's going on with me, where I'm heading or when this feeling is going to end. It sucks and it's scary. I'm not sure c if you've got this problem but I struggle to think straight in these s episodes and just end up freaking myself out more.

Maybe going hiking is a good idea. Something soothing.

I'm sorry that the people you are staying with are so judgmental and non supportive. Is it important what they think? I mean are you dependent on them in any way. Otherwise I sits try to not worry too much about them.

I don't know, I mentioned it once to my boyfriend I'll have to mention again.

Yep I also struggle to think straight. This freaks me out cuz I never know if I'm doing something crazy and out of character or not.

Yeah I need to do SOMETHING

Well, it matters what they think because it's my boyfriend's family.

But thanks.

Maybe I'll try nicotine again to help calm me.....

Fuzzy12
03-23-14, 02:42 PM
Oh sorry..I didn't realize that you were staying with your boyfriend's family.

Could your boyfriend have a word with them? He doesn't necessarily have to give them Specifics, Maybe just saying that you aren't feeling to well might take off the v pressure a bit. Orr tell them something physical in case they can relate to and empathize with that better.

Migraines? :scratch:

avjgirsijdhtjhs
03-23-14, 03:54 PM
Maybe I'll try nicotine again to help calm me.....

You're already overstimulated, as evidenced by your paranoia and physicalanxiety\panic\fight-or-flightresponsestate comments.

Nicotine increases dopamine = more paranoia

Nicotine increases fight-or-flight\panic.

Some people are really prone to reactive blood sugar crashes from things that "up" their blood sugar a lot or quickly. Common causes are nicotine, caffeine, and high glycemic foods. For most people, when they have a very swift blood sugar crash, they get an outpouring of adrenaline (= fight-or-flight and panic) to get the liver to pump some more glucose into the bloodstream really quickly.

The only way that I know of that nicotine could induce a calming effect would be if the person was understimulated (like in this pic link (http://oi45.tinypic.com/4j89xx.jpg)) (though I don't know everything about everything, and maybe you already know that it works for you?).

Also, starting back Lexapro without having also starting back the Klonopin (or a beta-blocker or some other benzo or something that lowered the physical anxiety) might would noticeably increase your physical anxiety - akathisia experiences (https://www.google.com/#q=akathisia+forum)

phantasm
03-23-14, 04:19 PM
Bellavita - Are you doing any better? Any doc would be good, if you can get one. The only thing I can think of is going for a walk, run, hike...something that can relieve some energy and help get you centered somewhat. It will also help you sleep. Very little sleep will affect everything. Hugs to you, I hope you get the help that you need.

fracturedstory
03-23-14, 06:55 PM
I think I'm getting 1-3 hours of sleep a night too. Anxiety is controlled but existent and I'm feeling myself getting less impatient with people.

I usually just think about managing what symptoms I do have and not worry too much about it getting worse. Sometimes it does get worse, sometimes it doesn't. I've never been medicated so I guess I just used to it by now. Once the pms kicks in I'm usually a goner. That hasn't happened so far.

silivrentoliel
03-23-14, 07:56 PM
how ya doing this evening, Bella?

BellaVita
03-23-14, 07:59 PM
how ya doing this evening, Bella?

hey, I'll respond to you all in a bit I'm doing something

BellaVita
03-26-14, 08:23 PM
Okay I forgot to update.

In a constant anxious/agitated state....

Racing thoughts, irritable, unending physical restlessness and moving ... not sleeping very often...and when I do only for a few hours usually.

Not sure but I think anxiety levels have definitely increased (okay guess would make that "am sure")

so has paranoia

DistractedLemur
03-26-14, 09:06 PM
Wish I could suggest something, have no clue what.

BellaVita
03-26-14, 09:10 PM
I don't want people to become suspicious of me....

Because I think they have ulterior motives.

But, what do they know.

avjgirsijdhtjhs
03-26-14, 09:20 PM
Sorry, I don't know of OTC supplements that I've tried that can help, but this page (http://www.drjoecarver.com/clients/49355/File/Chemical%20Imbalance.html) has some good neurotransmitter descriptions.