View Full Version : Taking Pregabalin for alongside Vyvanse?

MrSomber
03-23-14, 03:27 PM
Hello everyone,

A few months ago I was diagnosed with ADHD and was subsequently prescribed 60mg of Vyvanse. Recently, I've also been diagnosed with Degenerative Disc Disease (DDD for short) in my lower back and was subsequently prescribed 30mg of Pregabalin (which is essentially Lyrica).

So far, Vyvanse has helped me a lot in staying focused and Pregabalin has made my lower back pain virtually 0. However, I'm confused at the effects because Vyvanse is a stimulant while Pregabalin is an anticonvulsant. Don't they kind of cancel each other out? Does anyone have any experience taking both of these at the same time?

I've also read that Pregabalin is used to treat General Anxiety Disorder (GAD). I believe I suffer from social anxiety as well, although I haven't been properly diagnosed with it. So I was wondering, what is the general recommended dosage to achieve anxiolytic effects? I plan on asking my doctor if he could increase the dose of Pregabalin to treat both GAD and DDD at the same time. Having only to take one drug to treat two things would be very convenient for me.