View Full Version : This thread means: wallflower that hates being one

Braink37
03-24-14, 09:53 PM
That is why I was depressed as a child

Corina86
03-25-14, 11:14 AM
Umm... this could be interesting, since I was a shy socially awkward introvert myself, but you should give us more details about your life or something, if you actually want some answers to your post.

BellaVita
03-25-14, 10:35 PM
You were a wallflower as a child, and you didn't like it, and that caused you to be depressed?

:grouphug:

Fuzzy12
03-26-14, 04:23 AM
Umm... this could be interesting, since I was a shy socially awkward introvert myself, but you should give us more details about your life or something, if you actually want some answers to your post.

That was me too :)

Based on your other posts brains I think you are trying very hard to break out of that image that you've got of yourself as a wall flower. I didn't like being a wall flower either when I was your age and once in a while I'd just act the complete opposite, I'd act loud and wild and showy but that didn't help either.

What helped me to not feel like a wall flower anymore was actually to just be myself. I embraced the awkwardness and the weirdness and somehow that seemed to appeal to people.

stef
03-26-14, 04:32 AM
I could have written this!
I'm still very reserved but much more at ease than I used to be. Will never be the "life of the party" type, it's just my nature.

sarek
03-26-14, 05:01 AM
For me it was always on the outside, looking in. Hell, most of the time I am not even aware there's a party.

DistractedLemur
03-26-14, 11:40 AM
The thing about social skills is that they're 'skills'. Yeah so most people seem to just learn naturally but still you can put a little extra work in and learn them so only your real friends get to know how hyper you really are.