View Full Version : PMDD - Think I really f***ed up today

fracturedstory
03-25-14, 07:19 AM
In the forum I mean. I usually have such control over what I say.

I hate this time of the month. It's not just the usual pms. I think violent and suicidal thoughts, and always think 'I'm going to do this, this time I'll do it.'

I know I just have to get through it because it will be over soon. I can't really find a doctor who will take me seriously too.

I hate hiding it from people but when I tell people they just deny it.

I suppose I'll just try again tomorrow. If I feel myself getting aggressive I'll just jump back into bed and tear my quilt up or something.

FroGpants
03-25-14, 10:39 AM
Ugh. That sucks. Have you tried a female gyn? They might be more sympathetic.
If it helps to tear up a blanket go for it. Or a stuffed animal. Especially one with creepy eyes.

:( :grouphug:

Sunlovinlady
04-03-14, 08:41 PM
I feel ya! I get that way too. I swear we should get a few days off before the period to keep everyone else safe.

bella21113
04-13-14, 05:03 AM
In the forum I mean. I usually have such control over what I say.

I hate this time of the month. It's not just the usual pms. I think violent and suicidal thoughts, and always think 'I'm going to do this, this time I'll do it.'

I know I just have to get through it because it will be over soon. I can't really find a doctor who will take me seriously too.

I hate hiding it from people but when I tell people they just deny it.

I suppose I'll just try again tomorrow. If I feel myself getting aggressive I'll just jump back into bed and tear my quilt up or something.

Are you sure this is just PMS?? Or do you think it could be something other than your menstrual cycle? Are you seeing a gyno for these feelings or symptoms? Honestly; I think that if you are having these feelings or suicidal thoughts you should see a doctor/a psychiatrist or therapist.. There's no doctor if you told you have suicidal thoughts or thought about harming yourself that by law could not take you serioulsy. ( well i don't know about your gyno) but please talk to someone; you don't deserve to feel this way. So please no one should ever feel those thoughts. There arepeople that can help you; I don't know you but I know your life is worth living.

Bethylphenidate
08-02-14, 08:10 AM
Are you sure this is just PMS??

PMDD is absolutely not "just PMS." :(

A lot of doctors don't take it very seriously, and instead chalk it up to a 'unisex' mood disorder.

There are also "everyday people" who refuse to acknowledge the existence of PMS---let alone PMDD--because they feel that, to claim hormones can affect a woman's moods and concentration is 'sexist'. You know what I think is 'sexist'? Saying that something doesn't exist to protect women from having jokes cracked on our behalf; to deny women proper treatment because you think our feelings will be hurt if we know for certain that this is a "woman problem." That someone else knows our menstrual cycles and moods better than we do.

You're not alone, fracturedstory. It's some serious bull****.

phantasm
08-03-14, 11:00 PM
:grouphug: Big hugs Fractured!! It totally sucks, but like you said, it will pass.