View Full Version : Ritalin + Drugs = bad hangover?

Naela84
03-25-14, 07:47 PM
I couple of years ago - before being diagnosed with ADHD - a guy at a party gave me some of his Ritalin and I took it and consumed a lot of alcohol. I did many stupid things before being diagnosed and this was one of those things - that I would obviously not advice people to do! I had a terrible hangover for 2 days - and that in a time were hangover was totally unknown to me. It was not the headache and stomach problems hangover that people describe. I just was very, very tired and could barely stay awake, it was impossible to think clearly and I felt empty and depressed (and guilty).
A couple of months ago I was diagnosed with ADHD and my doc prescribed me Ritalin (the one that is released slowly). I feel a lot better and do less stupid things and barely consume any drugs (including alcohol). I don't feel the urge anymore. However, I noticed that I react differently to alcohol. Yesterday, I took my meds in the morning and after lunch and in the evening a friend visited me and we did something that I haven't done since I started medication: I drank and smoked weed. I am not sure whether the effect of the meds was still there, but I guess it was weak. However today I am so tired, unable to think and I feel somewhat emotionless or depressed. It feels the same way that abusing ritalin as a party drug felt like and I noticed that effect to a lesser extend whenever I drunk more than a glass in the last months. Before I consumed quite a lot of alcohol and weed without a hangover.
Of course I am not used to drugs anymore (and I might get older and lately I am studying too much), but I still wonder whether taking alcohol/drugs and ritalin within 24h might exhaust my brain somehow. I am not planning to drink or consume drugs, I am just curious whether you have similar experiencesor whether there is an explanation..

Fraser_0762
03-25-14, 09:01 PM
Well yes. If you combine Ritalin, Alcohol and Weed, you're going to experience the withdrawal effects of Ritalin, Alcohol and Weed the next day...

Ritalin
Alcohol
Weed

You will be left feeling RAW.