View Full Version : I'm so proud of myself and I must share....

fasttalkingmom
08-05-03, 10:03 PM
A friend just dropped by(a male friend who I allow to see my mess because I know his house is worse than mine). He walked in door into my kitchen, stood there and said " my, my I must say your kitchen looks wonderful".... He understands ADD and it was so nice of him to notice... I told him I was on meds again....:D

My mom stopped by and also stopped at the door and said how wonderful my kitchen looked !... :cool:

Tara, eating at the kitchen table was the best !!!! ;) My kids where so excited ...lol... They even helped me set up the table...Ya that wont last long...lol...

This was a good end to a day that started out awful...........

Paula

Tara
08-05-03, 11:51 PM
Awesome Paula!

Keep up the great work!!!!!

Want to take a ride down to the south shore and organize my kitchen....lol

Garry
08-06-03, 01:34 AM
What room is next Paula

fasttalkingmom
08-06-03, 09:43 AM
I'm on my way Tara ! ;)

Garry, next I'm heading up stairs to the girls rooms...It's scary up there....lol...

joanrdtobe
08-06-03, 06:08 PM
Listen Paula, next time I'm in Boston visiting family/friends, I am stopping at your place to check this all out!! Congrats on a fabulous job....yes you should be proud of yourself:)

fasttalkingmom
08-06-03, 09:15 PM
Okay now Joan....Wait a min.....lol... You might have to give me a 1 year notice on that visit ...lol.... ;)

joanrdtobe
08-06-03, 09:35 PM
No problem....this time, next year:)

auntchris
02-01-06, 12:21 AM
I am coming too ftmom:))

Scattered
02-01-06, 02:28 PM
Okay now Joan....Wait a min.....lol... You might have to give me a 1 year notice on that visit ...lol.... ;)That'd never work you know -- you'd still put it off -- one year is way too much time!:p

The Voice of Experience

Slowpoke
04-03-06, 07:57 AM
Hi all,
WOw it's been a long time since I posted in this thread... and I'm the one who started it.
I still have the book... hanv't looked at it in a while.

..one thing I'm proud of myself for doing is:
sweeping the floor today
oh yeah, I also emptied out the garbage can and disinfected it too.

my other half is usually the one who does the cleaning

other non-"task" oriented achievements:
-lots of self-reflection of how to make job choices that are ADHD friendly (what I have to remember when applying - like needing a job that will have lots of feedback when I first start)

-working on teaching myself how to be a more efficient reader... (speed reading in a way. not reading EACH AND EVERY WORD.. but widening my vision area and taking in chunks of words with each glance. it's interesting. I actually remember more than I thought I would)

fasttalkingmom
04-03-06, 09:45 AM
Hi all,
WOw it's been a long time since I posted in this thread... and I'm the one who started it.

I was going throught a box of stuff still not yet unpacked and found my book ! :D

I'm now proud to say I don't need that book any more.

lunaslobo
09-17-06, 11:26 AM
A friend just dropped by(a male friend who I allow to see my mess because I know his house is worse than mine). He walked in door into my kitchen, stood there and said " my, my I must say your kitchen looks wonderful".... He understands ADD and it was so nice of him to notice... I told him I was on meds again....:D

My mom stopped by and also stopped at the door and said how wonderful my kitchen looked !... :cool:

Tara, eating at the kitchen table was the best !!!! ;) My kids where so excited ...lol... They even helped me set up the table...Ya that wont last long...lol...

This was a good end to a day that started out awful...........

Paula
You know I lknow exactly how you feel. it feels wonderfull when others can truyly see the acoplishments that we sometimes feel are invisible to others. keep up the strides, and thanks for posting this, lets me know once again i am not alone in somethings I go thru.

fasttalkingmom
09-18-06, 12:26 PM
You know I lknow exactly how you feel. it feels wonderfull when others can truyly see the acoplishments that we sometimes feel are invisible to others. keep up the strides, and thanks for posting this, lets me know once again i am not alone in somethings I go thru.

Wow that was sooooooooo long ago when I started this thread, I've changed alot.
Thanks for replying and reminding me of where I came from and where I now am :)

HyPeRAcTiVe_23
08-08-07, 04:11 PM
i am a first timer on this forum and I am soo happy that i have found somewhere where there are no stares and points just me being me is good. I have found that if i map something out the night before it seems to work (half the time) but i set my alarm clock to remind me to do stuff (bad memory ).

garykelly
06-16-08, 06:49 PM
Ya just gotta celebrate the small victories don't you? Relish in those and keep them at heart when you have those days you don't seem to function as well. We all have them, of course....not because we're human but because we're human and AD/HD. LOL