View Full Version : Cycling between over and under controlled emotion?

daveddd
03-26-14, 08:05 AM
this is what seems like happens to me, not as bad anymore, but still..I stay mostly emotionally inhibited , but can go completely numb

then i can have times or episodes of extreme emotions , mainly all of them , anger, elation, anxious, whatever

i guess this somewhat fits bipolar cycling , but not exactly , seems a bit different

is this common or weird?

phantasm
03-26-14, 11:26 AM
Hi Dave - That's similar to my moods. Do you have these emotions over a certain amount of time, like within minutes, days, weeks?

Being on bipolar meds I am much better with the cycling, I get triggered now, instead of having a cycle and not realizing that I was in a cycle until it was lifted. Now I know when I'm in a cycle so it's easier for me to distinguish that I just have to go with it and pray it will be better in a couple days. like right now. :(

Fuzzy12
03-26-14, 11:35 AM
Are you saying that under controlled emotions give rise to mania/hypomania and over controlled to depression?

I could be wrong but I don't think this is related to BP. If at all, I think, both forms of extreme mood are under controlled emotions.

Or are you saying that both mania/hypomania and depression are under controlled and the normal states are over controlled? :scratch:

daveddd
03-26-14, 01:48 PM
Are you saying that under controlled emotions give rise to mania/hypomania and over controlled to depression?

I could be wrong but I don't think this is related to BP. If at all, I think, both forms of extreme mood are under controlled emotions.

Or are you saying that both mania/hypomania and depression are under controlled and the normal states are over controlled? :scratch:

Idk really. What do you think it could be related too

fracturedstory
03-27-14, 01:51 AM
This probably does not relate to you because, male.

But I have these moments during my hormone imbalance where I can be incredibly unnaturally rational, then completely lose control of my emotions.

I'll have to wait for this period to pass so I can know for sure if it happens when I'm not like this.