View Full Version : iPhone calendar alert volume??

FroGpants
03-30-14, 11:36 AM
I was always android so I'm new to iphone and I'm having trouble with my calendar alerts. When I'm playing games on my phone I turn the volume down but I think that also controls the volume for my calendar alerts.

Does it also turn down the ringer volume or is that separate? I've googled it but all I've found is that we're basically screwed??

I need to hear the alerts and have missed some things because I didn't hear my phone go off. Or maybe I have to get in the habit of turning the volume back up??

Does anyone know?

I thought about downloading another calendar. I don't like this one anyway and I hate that stupid wheel that you have to spin to put in times and stuff. Does anyone have any calendar app suggestions?

Calixta
04-02-14, 05:26 PM
Hmmm...have you tried turning off the sounds individually for your game apps rather than silencing your phone entirely?

If you go to Settings > Notification Center on your phone, then scroll down and find the game that you want to mute and click it. In that game app's menu, there should be a "Sounds" switch that you can toggle on or off. Toggling it off should mute the game entirely. You'll have to go through each of your individual games to turn the sound switches off, but after that the problem should be fixed and you won't have to mute your phone anymore or miss your calendar alerts!

If for some reason that doesn't work, you can also try muting the game through the app itself. Usually when you start the game app, it'll have the it's start menu and there will be a settings option somewhere. Click it and typically there is an option to turn off music/sounds.

In regards to other calendar apps, I don't personally use phone calendars but I know people who do! My roommate uses an app called "Agenda Calendar 4" and she likes it pretty well. My mother is also a fan of calendar apps and her's is called "Fantastical". I don't know that much about them/if they cost money, but you can look up some reviews to see if they might be something that you're interested in.

I hope that fixes your problem! Good luck!