View Full Version : Journeys Through ADDulthood--readwithme!

herekittykitty
03-24-05, 02:32 PM
Hello,

Since the most recent post about this book is over 6 months old, I thought it would be ok to start a new thread.

I just got this book (written by Sari Solden) and am really learning a lot from it. Anyone else reading this and want to discuss?

Right now I'm reading Chapter 3, Seeing Your "Self" Clearly (talks about how we sometimes decide that if we are poor at organizing, for example, we must must MUST get better at it, that it determines our value as a person, that if we can just conquer this (which, of course, everyone else can do, so there must be something wrong with us if we can't do it, etc. etc.), we will be okay. So we pour heart and soul into something that, while hard for us isn't really all that important, and end up neglecting the things that are more important.

If anyone would like to yak about this, it would be great! But if not, I'd still like to heartily recommend the book!

:)

Ian
03-24-05, 03:28 PM
My copy is out with my coach. Dang! I'd love to go through it with you. I'll hopefully have my copy back sometime soon.

Fly Away
03-24-05, 03:51 PM
I have this book and just skimmed thru it so I will open it back up and read up on this!

I am not sure if I am the kind of person who thinks I must tackle what is hardest for me but on the other hand I know I have to feel the pressure of not living up to other's expectations and then using that to just my self worth.

I am now trying to concentrate on my strengths and build on that so this subject will go right along with that.

thanks for bringing this subject up. I will come back when I've read more.

Way Too Flighty
04-24-05, 02:12 PM
I learned a lot from this book too. Didn't read it in it's entirety, just flipped through, but it's so insightful!

TodaysWonderful
05-24-05, 11:21 AM
I bought the book and am finding it rather technical and 'wordy.' It doesn't seem to be as smooth a read as Scattered Minds and You Mean I'm NOt Lazy, Stupid Or Crazy?!

For example, lets start from the very first paragraph of the book:

"Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder is a biochemical brain disorder resulting in a range of severe and chronic symptoms. In general, people who have this syndrome may have difficulty directing and maintaining their attention, may be impulsive and easily distracted by both external and internal stimuli."

This is me after I've read this paragraph --> :confused: :eyebrow: :faint:

I want very much to be able to read this book as it seems to have useful info in it. And I've tried many times and I put the book down.

I've read many books, long books, but this one is a toughy for me.

Maybe there's a book I can buy that I can use to 'translate' this book! lol :D

Lotsa Love