View Full Version : So tired

Chicky75
04-06-14, 07:31 PM
I feel like all I do is work and sleep. There never seems to be enough time to relax and feel rested. Looking back on it, I think I've always had a lot less energy than others. Most other people seem to yawn only on the rare days when they didn't sleep well or when it's really late. I don't think there's ever been a day when I wasn't yawning morning to night. I don't drink a lot of coffee, so that's not it.

The last few years, it seems to be getting much worse. At first I thought it was because I moved into a basement apartment that had no kitchen, so I wasn't getting any natural light at home and was eating horribly - take out, fast food, snack food, etc. But I moved a month ago to a place with lots of light, and the days are getting longer so it's getting light when I get up and still light when I leave work, and a nice kitchen that I've been trying to cook in. And I'm still exhausted.

I told my doctor last fall about my history with depression and that it had been much worse for the past year. She just sort of brushed it off as the oncoming winter and that a lot of people feel down and tired when there's less sun.

I don't really know what the point of this post is. I'm just so sick of feeling exhausted all the time. It's Sunday night and the idea of dragging myself through another week is just daunting. I love my job, but god, I just want to sleep for a few days. :(

dvdnvwls
04-06-14, 07:33 PM
Is it possible that your sleep might be defective? Like, maybe you sleep for long enough but it doesn't do you enough good?

Chicky75
04-06-14, 07:54 PM
I've thought about that. I'm not sure how to get the doctor to check that when it seems like she doesn't think feeling depressed and/or constantly tired is a real problem. Maybe it's time for a new doctor.

dvdnvwls
04-06-14, 08:04 PM
Telling her exactly the ways in which it affects your life might make a difference.

BellaVita
04-06-14, 08:06 PM
I've thought about that. I'm not sure how to get the doctor to check that when it seems like she doesn't think feeling depressed and/or constantly tired is a real problem. Maybe it's time for a new doctor.

Have you had your thyroid checked? What about blood work?

Fuzzy12
04-07-14, 03:40 AM
I don't have a lot of energy either and Ferguson can really sick your energy out of you. . Even when you aren't acutely depressed.

I'd try all the above suggestions. make sure you get enough of fresh air and are eating a healthy diet. Exercise helps too.

It might also help to start doing more things that you enjoy. You said you only sleep and work and that might just not get enough to give your body and mind enough stimulation to feel energised.

Also is your job stressful or are you stressed about anything else?